National Testing Agency (NTA) has free the NEET 2021 exam pattern with an brief information catalog. According to the newest renew NEET exam pattern 2021, there will be 200 questions of which students require to answer 180 questions only. The questions in the NEET exam pattern is divided into 2 sections comprises of Section A and B. Section A comprises of 35 questions while Section B comprises of 15 questions. Out of these 15 questions in Section B, students require to answer 10 questions.
Medical students who wish to chase MBBS/BDS or other medical courses of their preference must be conscious of revised exam pattern 2021 along with the preparation tips and tricks. In the NEET 2021 exam pattern, concerned authorities has recognize the details about the type of examination, mode of paper, language of paper, duration of exam, question type, official marking scheme, and many more. So preparing for the NEET exam will be insufficient without a proper acquaintance with the NEET 2021.
As per the newest NEET exam pattern, NTA will conduct the entrance exam in pen and paper-based mode (offline mode). NEET exam will be of a duration of 3 hours, where students must answer 180 MCQs from Physics, Chemistry, and Biology (PCB) subjects as per the specified NEET syllabus. As per the official NEET marking scheme 2021, 4 marks to be awarded for the accurate answer, while 1 mark to be deducted for the incorrect attempt. Students looking for more information concerning about the NEET exam pattern can ensure this article given below to be familiar with the level of the exam, types, and the no. of questions, marking schemes, and all other significant information.
It is decided by the exam conducting power. The exam will be planned by the NTA. NEET is also known as National Eligibility Entrance Test. It is a national level entrance examination. This exam is an occasion for those students who are seeking admission in MBBS and BDS courses provided by top medical colleges or universities of India.
Given below is the detailed NEET exam pattern:
- Date of the Examination: The exam will be planned on 12th September 2021.
- Mode of Examination: The examination will be taken through offline mode (paper pen based).
- No. of Question: It will include one question paper which comprises of 200 questions in total, out of which you have to answer 180 questions only correctly.
- Type of Question: Questions will be MCQs type. Each question will comprise of four optional answers; students are necessary to mark the correct answer only.
- Duration: The duration of exam will be of three hours (from 2:00 to 5:00 PM).
- Subjects: The question papers will be comprised of four sections such as Physics, Chemistry, Botany and Zoology.
- Question Paper Language: The language of the question will be in English, Hindi, Gujarati, Marathi, Urdu, Tamil, Assamese, Oriya, Kannada, Bengali, and Telugu.
|Exam Date||September 12, 2021|
|Mode of question paper||Pen and Paper-based. Students are provided with an OMR sheet to mark the answers with a black or blue ballpoint pen|
|Language||English, Hindi, Oriya, Kannada, Assamese, Bengali, Gujarati, Marathi, Tamil, Telugu, and Urdu|
|Question Type||Multiple Choice Questions (MCQs)|
|Total No. of Questions asked in NEET 2021||The no. of questions in the NEET 2021 exam is 200 but you have to attempt only 180 questions correctly.|
|Total marks||720 Marks|
NEET paper pattern 2021 – Sections & Total marks
Students looking for information about the section-wise allocation of marks all along with the total marks can make sure it from the table given below. The table given below provides the NEET section-wise number of questions and total marks as per the newest information. According to the new exam pattern, the marking scheme and types of questions will be the equivalent.
NEET exam sections & total marks
|Subjects||No. of Sections||No. of questions||Marks|
Know about the question paper
As per the newest NEET exam pattern, there will be 200 MCQs in the NEET 2021 question paper for 4 marks each, out of which only 180 questions require to be answered. The question paper comprise of the question from class 11 and 12 syllabus from Physics, Chemistry, and Biology (PCB) subjects. The medium or choice of language is reliant on the student as the NEET question paper 2021 is accessible in 13 languages such as English, Hindi, Kannada, Malayalam, Marathi, Odissa, Assamese, Bengali, Gujarati, Punjabi, Tamil, Telugu, and Urdu. It has to be reserved in mind that the choice of the local language will depend upon the location of the exam centre. Given below are the particulars of the availability and choice of local languages in the NEET exam:
Also read : Horticulture
Regional Languages available for NEET Exam 2021
|Medium||NEET Exam Centres 2021|
|English & Hindi||All exam cities and centres|
|English & Urdu||All exam cities and centres|
|Assamese||Existing only in exam centres in Assam|
|Bengali||Existing only in exam centres in West Bengal|
|Gujarati||Existing only in exam centres in Gujarat, Dadra, Daman, and Nagar Haveli|
|Marathi||Existing only in exam centres in Maharashtra|
|Tamil||Existing only in exam centres in Tamil Nadu|
|Telugu||Existing only in exam centres in Andhra Pradesh and Telangana|
|Oriya||Existing only in exam centres in Odisha|
|Kannada||Existing only in exam centres in Karnataka|
Medium of question paper
- While filling the NEET application form, the choice of the medium of NEET question paper 2021 has to be exercised.
- The option once exercised by students cannot be altered later.
- Students opting for English would be given NEET 2021 test booklet in English only.
- Students opting for Hindi language would be given with a Bilingual Test Booklet in which both English and Hindi language are provided.
- All students opting for local languages would also be provided with a Bilingual Test Booklet in their selected local language and English.
- In case of any uncertainty in the transformation of any of the questions, the English version of the NEET question paper shall be considered as final.
Instructions for filling OMR Sheet
Students should be aware of the instructions to fill the NEET 2021 OMR answer sheet, in order to evade any kind of inconvenience in the examination.
- According the NTA guidelines, all NEET answers have to be done using a ballpoint pen only.
- The ballpoint pen will be provided by the concerned authorities within the exam hall of NEET 2021.
- The student has to spot the code test booklet code on the NEET OMR sheet 2021, as failing to this will guide the students in troubles.
- All the necessary rough work should be completed in the space provided in the test booklet
- According to the NEET 2021, once answer is marked in the OMR sheet it can’t be erased.
After the conclusion of the medical entrance test, students should be conscious of NEET 2021. The paper analysis is important for every student to be familiar with the difficulty level of the questions and just to examine their performance in the NEET 2021 exam. A suitable analysis of the paper will also end all the doubt of the students to understand the exam pattern and students will easily think of their medical colleges in which they can get admission.
How to compute the NEET Exam 2021 score after the exam?
Students can use the given below formula and compute their predictable score, as per their attempt in the examination after the liberation of the NEET answer key 2021. According to the NEET 2021 marking scheme, students can calculate the predictable score even before the release of the result and forecast their medical college. By going through the previous year’s NEET cutoff, they will also get an idea about the minimum marks necessary in NEET for MBBS in a government college and get assured after analyzing their scores.
For more information visit: Education In India
Formula to analyze NEET score:
|NEET Score of 2021 = (Correct answers X 4) – (Incorrect answers X 1)|
|Right response||+4 marks|
|Wrong response||-1 mark|
|No response noticeable||0 mark|
|Answer with more than one response marked||-1 mark|