What is polytechnic?
Polytechnic can be shortly describe as Technical Education of Engineering or DIPLOMA IN ENGINEERING courses which is focused on practical and skill oriented training. Check Benefits of polytechnic Here.
Polytechnic comprises vocational courses in which an institute focuses on delivering of technology education in specialised stream. Mostly, polytechnic courses are of three-year or 4 year programme as per branch, after completion of which candidates obtain a certificate. Polytechnic creates an opportunities for the students to start their careers by getting as a professional job at a leading company.
Many institutes that offer diploma courses in different fields with engineering and B.Tech specializations. Some of the institutes provides polytechnic courses mainly in civil, mechanical, electrical, and other emerging branches.
Benefits of polytechnic
This course provide basic knowledge in engineering field to 10th and 12th class graduate. Diploma is a short term that provides basic and practical knowledge to the diploma holders. Diploma holders can go for a professional courses and study with less spending.
You can opt for this diploma after 10th or 12th in different programmes of engineering.
- This diploma course also provide certificate after completion.
- It create opportunity to take admission in B.tech 2nd year directly.
- You get various job offer just by getting the polytechnic certificate in good companies.
- Through polytechnic diploma you can apply for many government and private sector job.
- In less duration you you can get engineering certificate with practical knowledge.
- This course is more affordable then other courses of engineering.
- This is the best option that polytechnic diploma provides, you can change your field in case you pursuing further degree.
- After completion of this diploma you are in better position in terms of knowledge and practical exposure of subjects as compare to other student.
- This assist students to excel well in manufacturing companies.
- Mostly companies looking for polytechnic diploma holders rather than B.tech engineering.
What is the difference between Polytechnic and B.Tech?
- The rudimentary difference between polytechnic and B.Tech is that polytechnic is a diploma course however B.Tech is a degree course.
- Polytechnic courses are usually for three years, though B.Tech is a four year undergraduate programme.
- In terms of fee structure, B.Tech is a expensive course as paralleled to polytechnic.
Polytechnic Eligibility Criteria
- There are definite situations and desires that essentially to be fulfilled by the candidates in order to be deliberated for admission. Therefore, applicants are advised to carefully check the appropriateness criteria given by the institutes to ensure that they are eligible for admittance. It should be eminent that the eligibility criteria for each course differs from institution to institution.
- Eligibility Criteria for Polytechnic in India
|Qualification||Should have approved class 10th or 12th|
|Minimum Marks||Candidates should have gained 40% marks in the qualifying examination. (Note: Minimum marks can vary from institute to institute)|
|Nationality||Must be of Indian National|
|Compulsory Subjects||Normally Mathematics, Science & English are considered to be required subjects to apply for diploma courses.|
Polytechnic Courses in India
|Civil Engineering||Diploma colleges in Civil Engineering|
|Mechanical Engineering||Diploma colleges in Mechanical Engineering|
|Electrical Engineering||Diploma colleges in Electrical Engineering|
|Chemical Engineering||Diploma colleges in Chemical Engineering|
|Computer Science and Engineering||Diploma colleges in Computer Science & Engineering|
|Electronics and Communication Engineering||Diploma colleges in Electronic & Communication Engineering|
|Electrical and Electronics Engineering||Diploma colleges in Electrical & Electronics Engineering|
|Automobile Engineering||Diploma colleges in Automobile Engineering|
Polytechnic Admission Process
- Registration – In order to get admittance into any polytechnic programme, candidates are obligatory to fill and submit the application form released by the concerned authorities within the stated dates. While filling out the application form, candidates have to deliver some basic details such as personal details, academic details, & contact details and upload compulsory documents such as photograph and signature. During the application process, applicants will also be required to make a payment of the application fee. It must be eminent that the application form will be different for every polytechnic course.
- Issue of admit card – There are numerous state polytechnic entry exams that are directed for admission to the polytechnic courses accessible by the partaking institutes of the state. The authorities will issue the admit card for all the contenders who will register within the stated dates. The admit card will comprise all the specifics regarding the exam day such as candidate’s name, exam date, exam time, allotted exam centre, and exam day instructions.
- Entrance exam – The apprehensive authorities conduct their particular entrance exams as per the timetable.
- Declaration of result – Afterward the examination, the authorities announce the result of the entrance exam. Merely those candidates who will qualify the entrance exam will be entitled for admission.
- Counselling Process – Candidates who will qualify the entrance examination will be called to partake in the counselling process. After the counselling, the authorities will allocate seats to the candidates on the basis of merit, liking, and availability of seats.
Polytechnic Programs offered
A polytechnic college by meaning is an institution offering advanced education in a wide spectrum of subjects which are mainly technical in nature. In contrast to mainstream study, a polytechnic college purposes more at applied features of education and less at the theoretical ones. A great mainstream of polytechnic colleges offer polytechnic diplomas and courses in vocational and technical topics.
As in excellence of education in polytechnic diplomas and polytechnic courses offered are mentioned below: –
- Diploma in Computer Science & Engineering
- Diploma in Civil Engineering
- Diploma in Electrical Engineering
- Diploma in Mining
- Diploma in Electronics & Communication Engineering
- Diploma in Mechanical Engineering
- Diploma in Mechanical Engineering
- Diploma after 10+2 Civil Engineering
- Diploma after 10+2 Computer Science & Engineering
- Diploma after 10+2 Electrical Engineering
- Diploma after 10+2 Electronics & Communication Engineering
- Diploma after 10+2 Mechanical Engineering
- Diploma after 10+2 Mechanical Engineering
Why Polytechnic Courses?
Polytechnic courses are perfect for those students who demand to build a career in technical and specialized fields. As the emphasis is more on application-based learning, students are build to be technical sound with vital concepts and systems. Students holding polytechnic diplomas characteristically find jobs right after college due to their real-world skills earned at the Polytechnic. Key benefits of polytechnic:
- Shorter course duration (2-3 years)
- Prominence on “learning by doing”
- Adequate of job opportunities
- Reasonable fee structure
Top Polytechnic Colleges
Polytechnic studies are offered crosswise numerous technology institutes and engineering colleges across the country. Furthermost of these institutes straight award a seat for polytechnic graduates into engineering programs and likewise offer job opportunities equivalent to engineering graduates. Some of the topmost polytechnic colleges in India are:
- Government Polytechnic College, Mumbai
- Government Polytechnic, Pune
- Government Polytechnic College, Chennai
- SASTRA University
- Manipal University
- Agnel Polytechnic College
- Adesh Polytechnic College
- MEI Polytechnic College
- Government Polytechnic College, Coimbatore
10 Best Polytechnic Courses
Diploma in Computer Science Engineering
Diploma in Civil Engineering
Diploma in Electrical Engineering
Diploma in Mechanical Engineering
Diploma in Electronics and Communication Engineering
Diploma in Automobile Engineering
Diploma in Biotechnology
Diploma in Chemical Engineering
Diploma in Agriculture Engineering
Diploma in Aerospace Engineering
Job Opportunities After Polytechnic
Polytechnic Diploma courses are truly termed as the short-cut to a professional career by numerous students, as they offer excellent scope and varied career chances to the students. For Class 10 students, who are fronting financial difficulties or those who want to twitch their job career early, Polytechnic offers some career options that are exciting and profitable. They can opt to link the government service sector through PSU jobs, take up jobs with private companies or flush start their own business and be self-employed. So these are the Benefits of polytechnic.
This is It in Benefits of Polytechnic . For More Latest Updates Check our career Section.