Armed Forces Medical College (AFMC) course details, is a greatest medical institute of India recognized as a centre of power for education and research. It gives training to undergraduate and postgraduate medical & nursing students with guaranteed career prediction in the defence services.
It offers two UG courses – MBBS and B.Sc. in nursing. The college offers PG courses in different specializations with MD and MD/MS degrees, along with M.Sc. degree in Anatomy and PG degree in Hospital Administration. Other than the undergraduate UG and Post graduate PG courses, the college also offers PG Diploma courses along with number of Super speciality courses.
Submission procedure for the Under Graduate UG courses begins in the month of April. For Super speciality and Postgraduate courses PG, applications are invited in the month of July and September correspondingly. For admission, the students must fill up AFMC Application Form which is accessible for download at the Institute’s official website.
- A student should be a resident of India or be a subject of Nepal or Bhutan or a person of Indian origin migrated from Pakistan or any other overseas country with the purpose of permanently settling in India only.
- The students have to be unmarried. And marrying throughout the course is not allowed either.
- Student should be medically healthy as per set standards by the Government of India, Ministry of Defence (MoD).
Also read : AFMC Cut Off
AFMC Course Details About MBBS and B.Sc. Nursing Admission 2021
The college offers Bachelor of Medicine, Bachelor of Surgery (MBBS) and Bachelor of Science (B.Sc) in Nursing degrees at the Under Graduate UG course. MBBS course is accessible for a period of five years and the B.Sc. course is accessible for a period of four years.
Admission to the MBBS course is accessible through NEET-UG and the students who want to be eligible for the B.Sc. course require taking a seat for an AFMC Entrance Exam which is conducted by the college. The chosen candidates are then called up for the Personal Interview (PI) rounds.
Key Points to AFMC course details:
- Selected students in the B.Sc. Nursing programme it will be required to perform a bond of agreement to serve up in the Military Nursing Service for a least period of 5 years.
- Male nurses who have not completed midwifery in the GNM programme must give in a Certificate of completion of a course of 6- 9 months period approved by INC in lieu of midwifery.
|Course Name||No. Of Seats||Eligibility Criteria||Selection Process|
|MBBS||130 students (contains 105 boys & 25 girls)||Students must have obtained least 60% marks in 12 examination in the first attempt as a standard candidate with English, Physics, Chemistry and Biology taken all together, 50% in these three science subjects taken together, 50% in English and 50% in each of the science subjects. Ought to passed an examination in Mathematics of the 10th class.||Merit-based followed by NEET-UG Entrance Exam Score.|
|B.Sc. Nursing||40 students||Class 12th with three years Diploma in General Nursing Midwifery with least two years experience in the profession. The student should have not less than 50% aggregate marks in all the subjects. The student should have passed the examination in a first attempt.||Merit-based followed by Scores obtained in the AFMC Entrance Exam conducted by the particular Institute.|
Application Process For MBBS course:
- Students require to register for NEET from the official website of the Institute.
- Registration fee for the test:
- General / OBC students – Rs. 1400
- SC / ST / PH students – Rs. 750
- Registration fee have to be paid online also.
AFMC Course Detail For B.Sc. Nursing course:
|Name of the Course||Specialization Field||No. Of Seats||Eligibility Criteria||Selection Criteria|
|M.Sc.||Anatomy||10||Graduate degree (UG) in the significant discipline||Merit Based followed by NEET-PG Exam Score|
|MHA||Hospital Administration||Bachelor’s degree (UG) in Engineering/ Technology/ Medical/ Dental/ Pharmacy/ Arts/ Science/ Commerce/ / Agriculture or any other professional courses from renowned Indian universities|
|MD||Anaesthesiology||15||M.B.B.S. degree from a renowned medical college or a foreign medical degree incorporated in the Schedules to the Indian Medical Council|
|Dermatology, Venereology & Leprosy||4|
|Immuno Haematology & Blood Transfusion||2|
|Social & Preventive Medicine / Community Medicine||12|
|Tuberculosis & Respiratory Diseases / Pulmonary Medicine|
|Obstetrics & Gynaecology||8|
- Students need to fill the Form in order to be seated for this entrance test.
- The prearranged application fee can be paid online through e-challan at Syndicate Bank, ICICI Bank, SBI or HDFC bank of your choice.
AFMC PG Admission 2021
It offers four diverse Post Graduate (PG) degrees for the graduates in Medical discipline. This degree is accessible with 16 different specializations and the 5-year MS/MD degree which is accessible with 3 different specialization subjects. The MD course is accessible for a period of 3 years while the M.Sc. and MHA degree is offered for a period of two years.
Admission in all these courses are through NEET-PG and the application process begins in the month of September.
- 50% seats are booked for students under All India Quota.
- Students who have studied MBBS from the state of Jammu & Kashmir (J&K) and Erstwhile Andhra Pradesh (A.P) are not eligible for 50% All India Quota.
AFMC Marvellous Speciality Admission 2021
The college also offers a no. of Super Speciality and Para-medical courses in the ground of medicine and surgery. M.Ch. is presented fewer than four different specializations along with DM and Ph.D. degree as Super speciality courses.
A no. of para-medical training courses are also presented at AFMC. Admission to these courses will be on Merit-based which is followed by Scores obtained in the AFMC Entrance Exam conducted by the particular Institute.
For more information visit : Education In India