B.pharmacy course information
Bachelor of Pharmacy (B.Pharma) is a four-year undergraduate platform in which scholars study the methods and procedure of making drugs and how does the dispensing of medication and drugs take place. Anybody who seeks to be a pharmacist nowadays, it is obligatory for them to assume this course so that they have thorough and in-depth information of the science of the medicine.
It is a four-year-long progression and is mostly divided into 6-8 semesters, contingent upon the coursework and practical meetings. B.Pharma communicates useful knowledge about biochemical science and healthcare commercial. Scholars during their coursework have to do various practicals and experiment.
The controlling body for the program is Pharmacy Council of India (PCI), which is accountable for laying down all norms and guidelines for the B.Pharma option. The course enables applicants to practice the profession of a Pharmacist after graduation. B.Pharmacy degree has a lot of possibility and is going to embellishment more in the coming years as there is a countless demand for healthcare professionals who can make drugs to battle a number of diseases and deficiencies.
B.Pharm Course Highlights
|Yearly Course Fee||?15,000 – ?1,25,000|
|Average Preliminary Salary||?2,00,000 – ?3,00,000 LPA|
|Least Academic Requirement||10+2 in PCB|
|Least Aggregate Score Requirement||50% or More|
|Selection Procedure||State or University-Level Entrance Exam|
|Exams Accepted||MHT-CET, Goa CET, etc|
|Employment Sectors||Government/Private Hospitals, Clinical Pharmacy, Medical Dispensaries, etc.|
B.Pharma Eligibility Criteria
- Least Qualification Required: 10+2 or equivalent examination.
- Least Marks Required (Aggregate): Minimum 50% in 10+2 in science subjects.
- Age Limit: Age limit for B.Pharm. is 20 years for kept category and 22 years for reserved group.
B.Pharma Admission Procedure:B.pharmacy course information
- Admission to the B.Pharm. is severely on the basis of common entry examination.
- Government/state colleges comportment their own entrance examination.
- Few colleges also do direct admittances on the basis of the cut-off list or merit list.
Here’s a list of popular B.Pharm. Common Entry Test:
- MHT-CET Maharashtra Entrance Test
- BHU-B Entrance Exam
- Goa Common Entrance Test
|Pharmaceutical Analysis 1||Pharmaceutical Chemistry||Advanced Mathematics|
|Computer Applications||Biology||Anatomy & Physiology|
|Organic Chemistry||Pharmacognosy 1||Basic Electronics|
|Pharmacognosy 2||Pharmaceutical Chemistry 2||Pharmaceutics|
|Pharmaceutical Analysis 2||AP HE-1||Organic Chemistry 2|
|Pharmacognosy 3||AP HE- 2||Dispensing & Community Pharmacy|
|Biochemistry||Pharmacology 2||Medicinal Chemistry 1|
|Pharmaceutical Jurisprudence Ethics||Chemistry of Natural Products||Medicinal Chemistry 2|
|Pharmacology 1||Hospital Pharmacy||Biopharmaceutics|
|Pharmaceutical Biotechnology||Pharmaceutics||Medicinal Chemistry 3|
|Electives||Clinical Pharmacy||Chemistry of Natural Products|
|Projected Related to Elective||Pharmacognosy||Drug Interactions|
B.Pharma Career Options and Job Prospects
After B.Pharm degree, scholars are offered numerous employment opportunities in the pharmacy subdivision. They can open their own pharmacy by recording themselves under State Pharmacy Council.
Scholars can find equal jobs in both public and private subdivisions such as Technical Pharmacy, Clinical Pharmacy, Medical Dispensing Store, Health Centres, Food & Drug Management among others. The regular salary of a fresher is Rs. Rs. 2 lakh to Rs. 3 lakh. The prevalent job types for a B.Pharm. graduate are:
- Analytic Chemist
- Drug Inspector
- Medical Transcriptionist
- Research Officer/ Manager
- Drug Technician
- Drug Therapist
Why B Pharmacy?
There are numerous interesting points that can be jotted down, as to why you should follow B Pharmacy. Apart from the fact that B Pharmacy will assistance you in making a profession as a Medical Representative, Scientific Writing, Medical Scripting, Clinical Research etc we will deliberate in aspect other reasons for following this course.
- Government Jobs: After effectively completing your degree in B Pharmacy you can get the chance to work for many Government organizations and hospitals.
- Work with Patients: Apart from being a pharmacist you will have vital roles in the health care system such as as long as asthma care, cholesterol control checking, diabetes illness management, bone density scans etc.
- Diverse Career Opportunity: The greatest obvious choice for pharmacists is working in retail pharmacy, whichever in a health care facility or community. The part involves generous over the counter and prescription medicines along with counselling to the patients.
- Stable yet Flexible Career: A bachelor’s degree in pharmacy will not only deliver a stable employ throughout your job but also will give you the flexibility to select and work according to your favourites.
Who Should Pursue B Pharmacy?
- Scholars who want to make a profession in the Pharmaceutical Industry should follow B Pharmacy
- Scholars who want to make career into clinical research and scientific script should choose for B Pharmacy
- Scholars who wants to join the healthcare industry and work at several hospitals, nursing homes etc can follow B Pharmacy
- B Pharmacy can also be followed by scholars who want to make a career in the pharmaceutical diligence abroad, by studying options in B Pharmacy Abroad.
Thats it in B.pharmacy course information. Also check Can I do B.pharma with PCM.
To know more at Education in India.