diploma in mass communication after 12th
Mass Communication courses deal with the technique of dispersing vital information to a large number of individuals. It is not just restricted to Journalism but also comprises other media fields such as News assembly and reporting, Film Direction/Production, Event Management, Public Relations, Advertising, Corporate/Business Message and so on.
Given its huge scope, scholars from science, arts and commerce field look for mass communication options after 12th that they can follow. As one of the increasing fields to make a profession in Mass Communication, it proposals numerous short term and long-term Diploma, UG, PG and Certificate Courses to the scholars in both online, offline and distance mode, obtainable at top colleges like SRM University, Chandigarh University, Amity University.
To be qualified for mass communication courses after 12th, scholars need to pass class 12th with a 50% combined score. The basics may vary depending on the options, some higher-level PG and PhD mass communication options also require a graduation gradation in mass communication.
The admission procedure involves both merit and entry based admissions through CAT, LPUNEST, and UGC NET, etc based on the type of option you want to pursue.
The mass communication course fee differs for each type of courses, the regular course fee is around INR 50,000- 5,00,000.
The field of Mass Media and Mass Communication has changed into an interactive idea that touches almost every aspect of Human life whether it’s of News, Fashion, Television, Internet or Media, it delivers essential value to human life in every feature.
Scholars can look for occupation profiles in the field of media, mass communication, journalism. Public Relation Officer, Radio Jockey, Reporter, Journalists are certain of the job options obtainable right after mass communication courses, at an average salary of INR 3-6 LPA.
Mass Communication Courses After 12th
|Executive Programme in Digital Transformation||1 Year|
|Certificate Course in Anchoring||3 Months|
|Post Graduate Certificate in Marketing and Brand Management||6 Months|
|Certificate in Advertising, Public Relations||6 Months|
|Certificate in Radio Jockey||1 Month|
|Diploma in Documentary Filmmaking||3 Months|
|PGDM in Media and Communication||2 Years|
|PGD in Journalism and Mass Communication||1 Year|
|B.Sc. in Hotel and Hospitality Management (Resort and Event Management)||3 Years|
|B.A. in Journalism and Mass Communication||3 Years|
|B.Des. in Visual Communication||4 Years|
|PGD in Mass Communication and Media Laws||1 Year|
|M.A. in Journalism and Mass Communication||2 Years|
|M.A. in Public Relations||2 Years|
|Ph.D. in Media Studies||3 Years|
|Ph.D. in Journalism and Mass Communication||3 Years|
Diploma in mass communication after 12th: Eligibility
A applicant can follow any of the above-mentioned Mass Communication courses after positively completing Class 12 from a known board of education.
- Certificate, Diploma Options in Mass Communication can be followed after completion of class 12 under 10+2 Schooling System in any field only with at least securing 55% to 60% Grades in total.
- Advanced level Certificate, PG Diploma and Masters’ Courses though can be followed only after conclusion of Graduation in any stream. Means anyone can follow the said UG/PG/PGD options in Mass Communication without any restriction of field.
- PhD in Mass Communication commands a Masters’ Degree in any stream with a good notch. Desired Applicants who held an Equivalent Degree/Certificate, Advanced level Certificate are also qualified for the said option in Mass Communication and Journalism.
Mass Communication Courses After 12th: Admission Process
Based on the kind of all the Mass Communication Options, the general guideline for Admission Process is as follows:
- Basically no Entry exams are lead in Certification, Diploma and Online Options of Mass Communication. First Come First Serve Method is to be followed by the mainstream of the offering Institutes/Colleges across the country.
- For Admittance into UG, PG. PGD, and PhD Courses in Mass Communication one can complete the authorized website of the college or make a campus visit of the University/College to distinguish their teaching style, faculty, campus, query resolve and other traditions followed by respective University/Colleges of the country.
- After determining the college, one has to undergo for Entry Exams, to be lead at both State and National Level. Such as UGC NET, CAT, CMAT, LPU NEST, MICAT, etc.
- On the basis of Entry Exams Colleges and Universities Prepares Merit List.
- Though While Preparing the Merit List, the score got by Scholars in Previous examination is also taken into deliberation by the College before making the final seat allotment.
- Certain relaxation also providing to Reserved Category scholars, in both for admission and for cut offs.
- PhD in Mass Communication are done through communal PhD Entry Exams like UGC NET. After which a applicant must have to undergo numerous rounds of Personal Conferences and Group Discussion Test as prescribed in the Terms and condition of the particular University, College Brochure, Website.
Mass Communication Courses After 12th: Entrance Exams
Admittance to Mass Communication courses after 12th is done on the basis of Entrance Exams lead at both National and State Level, of which particulars are given as below:
|Entrance Exam||Conducting Body||Registration Date||Exam Date|
|LPU NEST||Lovely Professional University||January – March 20, 2021||April 2021*|
|CUCET||Central University of Rajasthan||Third week of March, 2021 – Fourth week of April, 2021||May 2021*|
|MICAT||MICA||October – November, 2020||December 2021*|
|CMAT||National Testing Agency||February 12, 2021 – March 1, 2021||April 2021*|
|CAT||IIM||August 2021 – September 2021||November 2021*|
Skills Required to Pursue Mass Communication Courses after 12th
|Communication Ability||Research, Analysis Skill||Time Managing Skill|
|Interpersonal Skill||Management Skill||Performance Skill|
|Collaboration Skill||Good IT Skill||Digital Literacy|
Mass Communication Courses After 12th: Scope
- One can Follow Certificate Option who are enthusiastic to make their profession in Journalism and mass communication after Finishing their schooling as there are many Certificate courses accessible in the field.
- After following the same one can make their occupation as Radio Jockey, Fashion Photographer, Critic and Columnist.
- Apart from that numerous Diploma, UG and PG courses are obtainable to refine, redesign the relevant skills and understanding of one. It also helps to lend some good job opportunities in the field of Public Dealings, News Broadcaster, Media Consultant, Web Editor, Film Director, Journalist, Freelancer and Reporter.
- Diploma in Commerce proposals many openings to start your career in Event – Hotel – Hospitality Management, Fashion Designer, Journalism, Media Communication and Media Laws. As these are short term duration options one can easily be admitted into it without any appearing for entry exams.
- PhD in Mass Communication and Media Studies, options are followed to find better job opportunities, Expertise understanding of the said field or to increase your salary scale as you follow a specialized higher education in relevant subject matter.
Mass Communication Courses After 12th: Jobs
The Further down mentioned table shows the Job profiles one can look for and outline their career therefore after pursuing any Mass Communication Course, along with Regular salary offered thereunder:
|Job Profile||Average Salary|
|Public Relation Officer||INR 3.6-5 LPA|
|Radio Jockey||INR 2.4-4 LPA|
|Reporters||INR 3-5.5 LPA|
|Journalists||INR 2.8-6 LPA|
|Critic||INR 2.5-4 LPA|
|Fashion Photographer||INR 3-6 LPA|
Thats it in diploma in mass communication after 12th . also check Courses after BAMS.
To know more at Education in India.