Polytechnic Courses – A diploma or vocational option in which an institute emphases on bringing technology education. Usually, polytechnic options are a three-year course after completion of which applicants obtain a certificate. Polytechnic also helps scholars to twitch their careers by getting a good profession at a reputed corporation.
There are many organizations that offer diploma options in numerous fields counting engineering. Numerous topmost engineering colleges offer diploma courses in many B.Tech specializations. Most of the institutions conduct polytechnic options primarily in civil, mechanical, electrical, and afresh emerging branches. To know more roughly Polytechnic, applicants can refer to this article.
Polytechnic Courses List:
- Civil Engineering
- Mechanical Engineering
- Electrical Engineering
- Chemical Engineering
- Computer Science and Engineering
- Electronic and Communication Engineering
- Electrical and Electronics Engineering
- Automobile Engineering
- Fashion Engineering
- Ceramic Engineering
- Art and Craft
- Instrumentation and Control Engineering
- Aeronautical Engineering
- Petroleum Engineering
- Mining Engineering
- Biotechnology Engineering
- Agricultural Engineering
- Production Engineering
- Textile Engineering
- Environmental Engineering
What Is A Polytechnic Course?
Polytechnic courses are qualification in technical courses which can serve as a portent to undergraduate engineering programs such as B.Tech. or B.E. (Bachelor of Engineering). Candidates joining a Diploma polytechnic option can join B.E. B.Tech. course via lateral entry. Polytechnic options are helpful in establishing basics and in case insight into engineering and its subjects.
Polytechnic Courses – Eligibility Criteria
There are convinced requirements that must be satisfied by the applicants in order to be careful for admission. So, they are advised to check the suitability criteria prescribed by the institutes to confirm that they are qualified for admission. The Polytechnic eligibility criteria for each option vary from institution to institution.
- Candidates must have passed class 10th or 12th with Mathematics, Science and English as required subjects to apply for diploma options.
- They should have got 40% grades in the qualifying exam. (Note: Least marks can vary from institute to institute).
Polytechnic Courses – Admission Criteria
In order to get admittance to college to follow a Diploma option in Polytechnic, applicants will have to follow these steps:
- Registration – In order to get admittance into any polytechnic programme, applicants are obligatory to fill and submit the application form released by the worried authorities within the stated dates. It should be renowned that the application form will be different for each polytechnic course.
- Entrance exam – The authorities comportment their respective entry examinations as per the schedule.
- Announcement of the result – After the exam, the authorities announce the result of the entry exam. Only those applicants who will succeed the entrance exam will be qualified for admission.
- Counselling Process – Applicants who will qualify the entrance exam will be called to participate in the counselling procedure. After the counselling, the establishments will allot seats to the applicants on the basis of merit, preference, and accessibility of seats.
List of Polytechnic Entrance Exams In India
|State||Name||Admission Procedure (Exam Name)|
|Andhra Pradesh||Andhra Pradesh Polytechnic Common Entrance Test (POLYCET)||AP Polycet 2021|
|Arunachal Pradesh||Arunachal Pradesh Joint Entrance Examination (APJEE)||APJEE 2021|
|Assam||Assam Polytechnic Admission Test||Assam PAT 2021|
|Bihar||Diploma-Certificate Entrance Competitive Examination (DCECE)||DCECE 2021|
|Chhattisgarh||Chhattisgarh Pre-Polytechnic Test (CG PPT)||CG PPT 2021|
|Himachal Pradesh||HP Polytechnic Admission Test (HP PAT)||HP PAT 2021|
|Jammu and Kashmir||Jammu & Kashmir Polytechnic Entrance Test||JKPET 2021|
|Jharkhand||Polytechnic Entrance Competitive Examination (PECE)||PECE 2021|
|Madhya Pradesh||Madhya Pradesh Pre-Polytechnic Test (MP PPT)||MP PPT 2021|
|Telangana||Telangana State Polytechnic Common Entrance Test (TS POLYCET)||TS POLYCET 2021|
|Uttar Pradesh||JEECUP||JEECUP 2021|
|West Bengal||JEXPO||JEXPO 2021|
Polytechnic Courses – Career Scope
There are numerous career opportunities obtainable in the government and private segment after completing the polytechnic option. Some companies recruit polytechnic scholars rather than engineering scholars. Scholars can similarly get lateral entry in B.Tech(2nd year) afterward successfully finishing the diploma course.
In the government segment the opportunities obtainable are:
- Indian railway
- Airport Authority of India
- Power grid
- Electricity department
- Delhi Metro
In the private sector, applicants can get the job at corporations like Bombay Dyeing, Maruti Suzuki, Tata Motors, HCL, Infosys etc. connected to your field. At entry-level in these corporations, you can earn approx. Rs.10,000.
Polytechnic Engineers work as – product developer, service engineer, assistant designer, analysts, junior engineer, executive etc. You can also effort as a lab subordinate at college. There are also outstanding career chances in the Gulf countries for engineers.
Thats it in Polytechnic Branches. also check colleges of engineering, Pune
to know more at Education in India.