About Master in Earth Science in India
MSc in Earth Sciences is a 2-year postgraduate course divided into 4 semesters. MSc in Earth Sciences is an associative option that balances concepts like Physical Education, Ecology, Biology, Atmosphere and Biological Science. MSc in Earth Sciences is constructive to enlarge a conceptual knowledge of critical Earth Science and also increase new method in Earth Science teaching and evaluation. MSc in Earth Sciences suitability required that students are required to hold a Bachelor’s degree in Science with a total of at least 50% marks.
Admittance to MSc Earth Science course will be done either on the foundation of the applicant’s performance in the Bachelor’s degree exam or on the basis of their performance in the entrance examinations conducted by admission consultants.
MSc in Earth Science is likewise called as Geoscience and comprises subjects like atmospheric physics, geology, climatology, oceanography, volcanology and several more.
The standard fees charged in India for this option scale amid INR 5,000 and 2,00,000. Wealthy postgraduates of the program are recruited as Earth Science Teachers, Geologist, Petroleum Geologist, Volcanologists etc.
MSc Earth Sciences Course Highlights: Master in Earth Science in India
|Full Form||Master of Science|
|Exam Type||Semester wise|
|Eligibility||Applicants must hold a Bachelor’s degree in relevant discipline from a known university|
|Admission Procedure||Entrance exam, counselling and personal interview.|
|Regular Annual Fees||INR 5,000 to 2,00,000|
|Regular Annual Salary||INR 3,00,000 to 10,00,000|
|Topmost Recruiters||Geological Survey of India (GSI), Central Ground Water Board (CGWB), Oil and Natural Gas Commission (ONGC), Hindustan Zinc Ltd, Minerals and Metals Trading Corporation (MMTC), Coal India and Mineral Exploration Ltd.|
|Job Positions||Environmental Scientist, Marine geologist, Petroleum Engineer, Geochemist, Groundwater Specialist.|
What is the Earth Sciences Admission Process?
Admission to this course is typically based on the score obtained by a applicant in an entrance examination. Some of the main all India entrance exams lead for this purpose are BHU PET, DUET etc. Some colleges also offer admittance on merit basis. The numerous steps involved in the admission process are given below.
The guide for merit based Msc Earth Science is stated below:
- Submit the application to the colleges or universities you are involved in.
- Maintain a good score throughout your Bachelor’s degree examinations.
- In due course of time, colleges release their cut-off lists. Check if you are qualified for admission into the wanted course.
- If eligible, visit the college and submit all the obligatory documents.
Entrance-based Selection: Master in Earth Science in India
The guide to apply for entry exam based admission is as follows.
- Registration: Applicants have to register themselves for the entrance examinations.
- Application form: Fill up the application form with all essential details carefully.
- Submit documents: Scan and upload all obligatory documents like mark sheets. Documents need to be uploaded in a specific format only, as stated by the institute’s application portal.
- Application fee: A minimal application fee is to be paid online during the proposal of the application form. Payment can be done by all online payment manners.
- Download admit card: Admit cards are released once all candidates are judged for eligibility. The admit card must be downloaded and printed out to be used on the day of the exam.
- Examination: Prepare for the exam as per the syllabus and past papers. Perform for the exam on the date announced.
- Results: Based on applicant’s performance in the entrance exam, results will be announced.
Master in Earth Sciences Eligibility Criteria
The suitability criteria for MSc Earth Sciences candidates is not complex and is as follows. It must be noted that the eligibility criteria will vary from institute to institute.
- Any applicant with a bachelor’s degree in Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics, Biological Science from a known institute is eligible to relate.
- The applicant must possess at least 50% scripts in their graduation degree.
- There is no special facility for reserved category applicants.
popular MSc Earth Science Entrance Exams
In most of the colleges, the MSc Earth Sciences admissions are done on the basis of the results in the entry tests.
Some of the popular MSc Earth Sciences entrance exams are provided below:
- BHU PET- The Banaras Hindu University conducts its Post graduate Entry Test (PET) to fill seats in MA, MCom, MSc, MFA, MPA, MEd options etc.. The examination will be held in computer-based mode, in 200 cities through India. The applicants who succeed this entry exam will be called for counselling and seat is allocated on the basis of performance in the examination.
- DUET- Delhi University Entrance Test (DUET) is lead by Delhi University in order to offer admission to candidates in numerous UG, PG, MPhil and PhD programs. The entrance examination is lead by the National Testing Agency (NTA) on behalf of Delhi University.
How to prepare for MSc Earth Sciences entrance exams?
If your college comprises an entrance test in the admission process, then you must be well ready for it. So, here we are with some interesting preparation tips for you:
- You must be totally familiar with the exam pattern. Get to know the number of sections and the total number of questions that you have to answer.
- Knowing the syllabus correctly is also of primary importance. You need to download the syllabus from the authorized website of the university.
- In maximum cases, you will be dealing with multiple-choice questions. If that is the situation, then check whether there is negative marking or not.
- Additional very good way to perform well is to appear for even mock tests. This will make you accustomed to the type of questions and the exam patterns. Numerous educational institutes hold regular mock tests for the scholars.
- Revision is also an essential part of preparation. You need to revise all the chapters and the vital topics properly. Otherwise, even after preparing all the chapters, you might not get a actually good rank.
How to get admission in a good MSc Earth Sciences college?
To confident admission into a top-ranked MSc Earth Sciences college, a amount of factors come into play. Some of the following tips will be helpful in that respect.
- Applicants need to have the least eligibility criteria of having 55% in the Graduation BSc in a pertinent field.
- A good preparation for the entry exam is always a safe option.
- Preparation must be started after announcement of application fill up that doubles up the chance of doing well in the exam.
- Checking the course curriculum, regular and visiting ability as well exposure, internship will help the applicant to sort out the best college for them.
- Placement opening is a must on the checklist .The last few years record will be helpful to know the placement complaint.
Syllabus of MSc Earth Sciences
A list of topics taught to the scholars pursuing MSc in Earth Sciences is tabulated below:
|Semester I||Semester II|
|Geoscience Part II||Theory Papers|
|Advanced Remote Sensing in Geoscience Part – II||Igneous & Metamorphic Petrology|
|Computer Application in Geosciences – II||Sedimentology|
|Laboratory Work||Paleontology and Stratigraphy|
|Structural Geology and Geo – tectonics||Laboratory Work|
|Structural geology & Remote sensing||__|
|Semester III||Semester IV|
|Ore Geology and Mining Geology||Hydrogeology|
|Indian Mineral Deposits and Mineral Economics||Special Paper (Any One of the following corresponding to special Paper already offered in III Semester)|
|Mineral exploration and Mineral Beneficiation||Advanced Environmental Project Orientation)|
|Special Paper (Any one of the following)||–|
|Advanced Environmental Geoscience Part –I||–|
|Advanced Remote Sensing in Geoscience. Part –I||–|
|Computer Application in Geosciences -I Part||–|
|ESL-305 Ore Microscopy and Mineral; Deposits.||–|
|Mineral Exploration and Mining Geology||–|
|Corresponding special Paper||–|
top MSc Earth Sciences Colleges
The table below shows the best MSc Earth Sciences colleges and universities that offer the course in a full-time mode
|NIRF Ranking 2020||College / University Name||Admission Procedure||Regular Annual Fees||Regular Annual Salary|
|6||BHU, Varanasi||Entrance-Based||INR 90,000||INR 5,00,000|
|13||SRIHER, Chennai||Entrance-Based||INR 2,40,000||INR 6,50,000|
|16||IIT, Kanpur||Entrance-Based||INR 1,18,000||INR 8,00,000|
|18||CMC, Ludhiana||Merit-Based||INR 81,834||INR 7,55,000|
|44||KIIT, Bhubaneswar||Entrance-Based||INR 3,84,000||INR 6,00,000|
|47||University of Mysore, Mysore||Merit-Based||INR 56,650||INR 5,00,000|
Thats it in Master in Earth Science in India. also check B. planning & B.arch.
for more information visit at Education in India.