Diploma in Civil Engineering
For understanding Diploma in Civil Engineering is that diploma level engineering course that focuses in the design, construction, and maintenance of physical and naturally-built environment, namly roads, bridges, canals, dams and buildings.
Civil Engineering touches the lives of everyone and has an close relationship with our natural environment. Civil engineers apply engineering ideologies to equilibrium the society with technical and economic viability. In view of this the department highlights on sustainability within the built environment through green engineering in our teaching.
A Civil Engineering is accountable for all building structures- including the planning, design, budgeting, construction management, developing national widespread transport systems, water supply networks, surveying and analysis-and civil engineers should excluding to use all these skills irrespective of their specialization. Civil engineering is a fast advancing industry, constantly familiarizing to contemporary developments and concerns, such as pollution, water shortages and sustainable energies.
A Civil engineering include scientific topics; mechanics, hydraulics, materials and structural analysis. These basis subjects will be completed with the development of design skills, computer-aided design in particular. The last years of any diploma will involve the origin of several personal or team projects.
Also check ITI Course after 12th
Eligibility Criteria for Diploma in Civil Engineering
The applicants who wish to follow a degree in Diploma in Civil Engineering must fulfil definite eligibility criteria in order to get qualified for the course. However the eligibility criteria for entry to Diploma in Civil Engineering varies from college to college, there are assured minimum eligibility criteria which the candidates must accomplish for admission.
The eligibility criteria obligatory for admittance to the Diploma in Civil Engineering are given below:
- The applicants must have passed class 10th from a known board.
- The applicant must have studied Mathematics, Physics and Chemistry in the succeeding degree.
- The applicant must have attained a minimum aggregate of 50% in the qualifying examination and 45% for reserved category.
- The applicants who are appearing for the ultimate exam or waiting for the final result can also apply for admittance to Diploma in Civil Engineering course.
- Applicants who have passed ITI can seek for direct 2nd-year admission
Some sub- branches of civil engineering are listed below:
- Structural Engineering
- Transportation Engineering
- Environmental Engineering
- Sanitary Engineering
- Water Resource Engineering
- Town/City Planning Engineering
- Materials Engineering
- Construction Engineering
- Coastal Engineering
To become successful civil engineering some skills are required. They are listed below:
- Good at mathematics and numbers
- Virtuous at drawing, planning and sketching
- Good at reading plans
- Moral at surveying
- Good at cost approximation and finance management
- Good computer awareness
- Resource and man management aids
- Good communication aids
- Time managing, ability to respect deadlines
- Information about environmental and legal aspects
Syllabus for diploma in engineering.
|Semester I||Semester II|
|Applied Mathematics||Applied Mechanics|
|Applied Chemistry||Professional Communication|
|Applied Physics||Computer Application|
|Engineering Drawing||Modern Construction Materials|
|Semester III||Semester IV|
|Concrete Technology||Contract and Specification in Construction|
|Building Services||Construction Engineering and Management|
|Application of Computer in Construction||Construction Project Management|
|Construction Economy and Finance||Thesis paper|
|Building Acoustics and Noise Control||Open Elective II|
|Open Elective I||Project|
|Semester V||Semester VI|
|Open Elective III||Evaluation of project and Viva|
|Open Elective IV||Training and Internship|
|Evaluation of Project||Modern Construction Materials|
|Maintenance and Rehabilitation of Constructed Facilities||Quality and Safety Management|
Merit Based Admission
- Merit list released on the basis of percentage. Information associated to the merit list is reorganized on the University web site and in newspapers.
- Check your percentage and go to the academy for the admission process.
- The admission date is released by college and academies.
Entrance Exam Based Admission
- Proper registration forms released by colleges and universities on their online portal with registering fees.
- Submit your fees and fill the form formerly the last moment.
- The admit card is released by them before 72 hours of the examination.
- The date of the exam is released by them with the correct info of venue and, time.
- A result announcement date release with the cut off list and document checking date will be out by them.
Benifits of doing civil engineering.
- You will have a good yearly salary package.
- You can smear for government jobs in companies like DRDO, ONGC, Indian Railways, Water Boards, etc.
- Applicants will get other welfares like PF, insurance, tours, etc.
- Aids required to be a measure of the course: The skills which are essential to be a part of the course diploma in civil engineering:
- Leadership skills
- Problem-solving skills
- Project management:
- Organizational skills
- Technical skills
- Creativity skills
Best study material for Civil engineering.
|Concrete Technology||M.S. Shetty|
|Fluid mechanics||R.K. Bansal|
|Basic civil engineering||SS Bhavikatti|
|Structural analysis||CS Reddy|
|Building Construction Illustrated||Francis D.K. Ching|
|Construction project preparation and Control||Saleh A. Mubarak|
|Rock slope engineering||Duncan C. Willie|
|Fundamentals of sustainability in civil engineering||Andrew Braham|
|Principles of Geotechnical engineering||Braja M. Das|
|Civil engineering materials||Peter A. Claisse|
Job description for after becoming civil engineered.
|Job Profiles||Job Description||Average Annual Salary|
|Senior Civil Engineer||The character of a senior civil engineer is to concoct a project, analyse, design, and manage budgets & resources, then implement. They supervise the designs of construction projects like roads, dams, buildings, etc.||INR 7.30 LPA|
|Construction Engineer||The role of a construction engineer is to examine and analyse the data. They flourish, design, develop, create and manage construction projects.||INR 8.20 LPA|
|Environmental Engineer||The part of an environmental engineer is to supervise waste management and control pollution matters. They improve and implement the programs by providing technical support.||INR 6.59 LPA|
|Structural Engineer||The title role of a structural engineer is to improve the current interior of the building. The first concern with the design, management, and constructing a building, roads, etc.||INR 6.75 LPA|
|Geotechnical Engineer||The title role of a geotechnical engineer is to study the data related to soil, rocks, which can disturb the underground and above structures. They treaty with all types of transportation facilities.||INR 19.8 LPA|
Civil Engineering Specialisation.
|Civil Engineering Specialisations|
|Construction Engineering||Coastal and Ocean Engineering|
|Geotechnical Engineering||Fire protection engineering|
|Structural Engineering||General Engineering|
|Bridge Engineering||Irrigation Engineering|
|Land development||Materials Engineering|
|Transportation engineering||Urban Engineering|
|Hydraulic Engineering||Water resources Engineering|