The Indian Navy is a well-balanced and cohesive three dimensional force, capable of operating above, on and under surface of the oceans efficiently. The Indian Navy is the 7th most powerful navy of the world. They are responsible for deterrence against war as well as foreign interventions, maintaining the country’s territorial integrity, safeguarding the shores, surveillance. t is a career path which teaches you duty and commitment, and if you possess an adventurous soul, enjoy the expansive blue waters, and put your country above everything else, then this is the right career for you.CAREERS IN INDIAN NAVY.
Broadly the role of Indian navy is categorized into four categories: the Military role, the Diplomatic role, Constabulary role, and the Benign Role. The career opportunities can be differentiated on the basis of the following pointers.
The path to Command is through the Executive Branch. Only sea going officers of the Executive Branch can exercise command of the Ships, Submarines and Aircraft. Naval aircraft locate and attack enemy surface and submarines and take part in amphibious warfare, search and rescue, casualty evacuation etc. The major responsibility of the Navy in peace time is to train for war as effectively as possible in the knowledge and this will contribute to its prevention. Executive Branch officers can specialize in :
- Gunnery & Missiles
- Anti – Submarine Warfare
- Navigation and direction
Other cadres that form part of the Executive Branch are – Law, Air Traffic Control, Naval Armament Inspection and Logistics.
Modern ships, submarines and aircraft with advanced technology, machinery and propulsion systems. The Engineer Officer is responsible for keeping all these systems serviceable. Opportunities to work in shore jobs in Naval Dockyards and indigenous production units also exist. In no other career is an engineer exposed to such a wide spectrum of opportunities for keeping abreast of modern developments. Naval Architects specialize in warship construction. The Indian Navy today employs the largest pool of trained Naval Architects in India. A Naval Architect is involved in design, construction, quality control, repair and new construction work of naval vessels.
A warship is a mini floating city with an integral power generation and distribution system. In addition, complex missile systems, underwater weapons, radar and radio communication equipment form part of a warship’s equipment. A majority of these are either computer based or computer aided and incorporate the latest trends in electronics engineering. For a ship to be able to fight effectively, all this equipment must be kept working at peak efficiency.
Officers of the Education Branch play a major role in the training of a Naval Officer/Sailor and are responsible for scientific and methodical instructions including theoretical aspects of technical subjects of all branches of the Navy and general education. They can specialize in Oceanography and Meteorology and also in some of the specializations of the Executive Branch.
WOMEN IN INDIAN NAVY
A career in the Navy offers women too equal opportunities and challenges. Women are storming male bastions everywhere and the Defence services are no exception. Women too can learn new skills and acquire unrivalled experience. Women are eligible to apply for Short Service Commission in LAW, Logistics, ATC, Observer, Education, Naval Architecture, Pilot and NAI entries. Hi-tech war machines have awesome firepower, state-of-the-art weapon control system, computer controlled machinery and a high standard of habitability.
Leading Institutes for Navy in India
- INS Agrani (Leadership Training) – Coimbatore, Tamil Nadu
- INS Chilka (Sailors Training) – Bhuvaneshwar, Orissa
- INS Dronacharya (Gunnery School) – Kochi, Kerala
- INS Garuda (Aviation) – Kochi, Kerala
COMPETITUVE EXAMS FOR INDIAN NAVY
- INET – INET is Indian Navy Entrance Test. INET is a National Level Entrance Examination conducted for the selection of staff for the Indian Navy. It is conducted by the Indian Naval Academy. Indian Navy has invited applications for Short Service Commission (SSC) Officer Posts in Executive, Educational and Technical branches through Indian Navy Entrance Test (INET). There are a number of vacancies available for different posts in INET. This exam is open for unmarried male and female candidates. The examination is conducted in Online mode (Computer-based) and will have multiple choice based objective type questions.
- SSR –The Navy SSR exam is the sought after exams for aspirants as it is the Navy SSR Exam is one of the best Entry for sailors in the Indian Navy. The test aims to scrutinize the knowledge of aspirant in the subjects of Science, Mathematics, English and General Awareness.The Navy SSR exam is not so tough to clear by the competition is very high.
- NAVY AA – As an Artificer, you will undergo the best technical training to hold very responsible positions as a sailor of the Indian Navy. Management of men in addition to the technical challenges of operation and maintaining some of the most complex systems and sophisticated equipment are the major responsibilities of the Artificer. Qualification required is 10+2 examination with 60% or more marks in aggregate with Maths& Physics and at least one of these subjects; Chemistry/Biology/Computer science.
- NAVY MR – The job offers multiple roles as chef, steward and hygienist. The job requires basic qualification of class 10th. You’ll be trained in various educational courses as per requirements.beside their professional work, training for onboard ship about lookout duties as well as Small Arms handling and for ship’s landing and boarding parties also. They are involved in all the activities which are conducted by a ship.
Navy provides personal and professional growth. One gains knowledge about various managing and administrative skills. Makes a person a disciplined being both the individual and his/her family member enjoy the perks of belonging to a defence background starting from free healthcare, education and retirement benefits.You are choosing more than just a ‘job’. Navy offers a unique way of exploring your life and provide ample opportunities to explore your potential in every sphere of life. It provides professional challenges along with security and comfort that is almost unparalleled.
For many people, the greatest attraction of a career in the Indian Navy is the variety of opportunities that make your career challenging. You can face the challenges and develop methods to exploit your full potential. Work in the Indian Navy offers you a chance to grow as a professional, by learning new skills and acquiring unrivalled experience in the process of applying those skills.
In the Indian Navy, you’ll find there’s much more to be gained than a regular salary. In fact, the experience that you gain in the Navy can help you shape your future, through adequate financial benefits, unparalleled careers potential, and personal growth that you’ve been waiting for. As long as you have the drive to make a difference in the world and in your own life, there will be a place for you in the Indian Navy. You can develop valuable skills and build a secure future.It is a career path which teaches you duty and commitment, and if you possess an adventurous soul, enjoy the expansive blue waters, and put your country above everything else, then this is the right career for you.
Hope You Like This Article on Careers in Indian Navy. if You Like The Article Please Share It With Others.
For Online Study Material Visit RAY