NDA marking scheme
The Union Public Service Commission (UPSC) has lead NDA Exam-I on April 18, 2021, and now going to comportment NDA-II on September 5, 2021. The registration procedure for filling an application form for NDA-II is open from June 9, 2021. The UPSC has unconfined the detailed NDA examination pattern 2021 sideways with the NDA I and II notification. Applicants appearing for the NDA examination must have thorough understanding about the NDA examination pattern for effective preparation. The NDA written examination contains of two paper namely; Mathematics and General Ability Test (GAT). The total grades for the written exam are 900. Applicants qualifying in written exam will be designated for SSB Interview.
The applicants who qualify entry, interview and medical test will be selected for NDA. Understanding NDA examination pattern and NDA Syllabus will give clear knowledge about the mode of examination, number of questions asked, total grades, time duration, marking scheme etc. This will help applicants to prepare study plan in a systematic way.
Also check MBBS.
NDA Exam Pattern 2021: Overview
Before getting into particulars of NDA exam pattern, let us have a look at the indication of UPSC NDA exam for the year 2021:
|Directed Body||Union Public Service Commission (UPSC)|
|Name of the Exam||National Defence Academy (NDA)|
|Level of Exam||National|
|Frequency of Exam||Twice in a year (NDA 1 and II)|
|Number of Papers||General Ability Test (GAT) and Mathematics|
|Method of Exam||Offline|
|Duration of Exam||GAT: 2 hour 30 minutes|
Mathematics: 2 hour 30 minutes
|Selection Procedure||Written Test and SSB Interview|
NDA Exam Pattern 2021: Stages of Selection
UPSC NDA examination consist of two stage written test and SSB interview as given further down:
- Written Exam: Paper I: Mathematics and Paper II: General Ability Test ( Part A: English & Part B: General Knowledge)
- SSB Interview
NDA Exam Pattern 2021: Written Exam
The time period of UPSC NDA 2021 examination and maximum grades allotted for each stage are tabulated below:
|Subject (Code)||Duration||Maximum Marks|
|Mathematics (01)||2 hour 30 minutes||300|
|General Ability Test (02)||2 hour 30 minutes||600|
|SSB Test/Interview||5 days||900|
Topic Wise Grades Distribution for GAT
|General Knowledge||1. Physics – 100|
2. Chemistry – 60
3. General Science-40
4. History Freedom Movement-80
6. Current Events -40
- The Written Test is alienated into two sections – Section A (Mathematics) and Section B (General Ability Test)
- Mutually the sections will be in English as well as Hindi.
- The General Aptitude Test has two sub-sections – English and General Knowledge.
- Mathematics: 120 questions carrying a total of 300 grades
General Ability Test : 150 questions carrying a total of 600 grades (200 marks for English and 400 grades for General Knowledge)
- The General Knowledge includes of sections such as Physics, Chemistry, General Science, History Freedom Movement, Geography and Current Events.
- Entirely the questions in both the papers are MCQs (Objective type Questions) only.
- Applicants will be writing the answer from their own hand. In a few circumstances, there will not be any help providing to write answer for them.
- The commission will decide succeeding marks in any or all the subjects.
- The applicants cannot use calculator or several digital device for mathematical questions.
- It is the commission who will choose the cutoff for the NDA examinations. They will release the list of the applicants who have positively cleared the exam and are qualified for attending the SSB Interview.
NDA Marking Scheme 2021
Applicants appearing for the UPSC NDA examination can check the marking scheme given below:
|Marks per questions||2.5||4|
NDA Exam Pattern 2021: General Guidelines
Applicants must strictly follow rules issued by UPSC NDA on the day of the examination:
- Use of calculator, Mathematical or Logarithmic Table is not allowable in the examination. If you bring these things, you must to leave them outside before entering the examination hall.
- Mobile phones, pagers or any type of communication devices are not permissible inside the examination hall. If this rule is found to be dishonoured, you will be accountable for disciplinary actions as well as a lifetime ban from any future examinations.
- Clipboard (or somewhat hard so that you can write on it) is allowable inside the exam hall. The inspector will provide you with a good excellence HB pencil, eraser, pencil sharpener, and a blue or black pen.
- You are not counselled to bring any valuables to the examination center. If lost, the authorities are not answerable for it.
- Cheating is strictly forbidden. No applicants shall copy from somebody’s papers nor allow someone else to copy their paper. You are not permissible to give or obtain or attempt to give or obtain irregular help of any description.
- No applicants should misbehave throughout the exam in any manner or create any disorderly scene or annoy the staff employed by the Commission. If any such misconduct occurs, then they will be harshly penalized for such an act.
- You need to use ink or ballpoint pen to fill the details in an empty circle such that it does not surpass the boundary of the circle. It is well if you read the instructions to fill the circle so that your answer is not disallowed by the machine.
- Do not write whatsoever other than exact information asked on the answer sheet. You will be providing with a rough sheet where you can rehearsal such things.
- Do not fold or damage or put any marks in the answer sheet. Do not write something on the back of the answer sheet.
- Please read the directions carefully before the examination commences.
To know know more at Education in India.