Bachelor of Homeopathic Medicine and Surgery (BHMS)
Bachelor of Homeopathic Medicine and Surgery (BHMS) offers plentiful career options to the students after their victorious completion of the course. One can opt for higher studies in Homeopathy and associated areas.
Bachelor of Homeopathic Medicine and Surgery (BHMS) colleges offer Master of Science (M.Sc) in Regenerative Medicine, Epidemiology and different other disciplines. Students can also pursue Doctorate in Homeopathic Pharmacy, Homeopathic Practice of Medicine and so on.
Besides this, students can look for job opportunities in public as well as private sector in various research institutes, state dispensaries, clinics, consultancies, pharmacies and other related areas. One can also opt for the teaching profession in colleges and institutes which offer study courses linked to Science and Medical line. They can also practice their degree as well as run their own clinic.
Syllabus &Topics in Bachelor of Homeopathic Medicine and Surgery (BHMS):
- Introduction to her biology
- Health, wellness and longevity
- History of holistic health
- Essential principles of homeopathy
- Mind and body healing techniques
- Introduction to alternative medicine
- Fundamentals of Ayurvedic plant healing
- Healing through nutritional therapies
- Immunology and immune system disorders
- Introduction to traditional Chinese medicine
Eligibility Criteria :
The crucial requirement for the eligibility to obtain the admission to BHMS programme is qualifying the 12th class examination with least of 50% aggregated marks and be obliged to have the physics, chemistry and biology (PCB) as the subjects. The student should have to go through the diverse national and state level entrance examination. The student’s age should be minimum of 17 years old. Some states conduct the entrance examinations with MBBS and BDS test.
The selection of the student is based on the final merit which is the calculation of the total numbers obtained in the qualifying examination in 12th class and the number scored in the entrance examinations which is followed by the personal interview (PI).
Entrance Test for Bachelor of Homeopathic Medicine and Surgery (BHMS):
- NEET (National Eligibility Cum Entrance Test)
- PUCET (Punjab University Common Entrance Test)
- KEAM (Kerala Engineering, Agriculture and Medical)
- IPU CET (Indraprastha University Common Entrance Test)
- BVP CET (Bharati Vidyapeeth Common Entrance Test)
Courses Offered in Bachelor of Homeopathic Medicine and Surgery (BHMS):
- Diploma in Electro-Homeopathy
- Diploma in Homeopathic Medicine and Surgery
- Post Graduate (PG) Diploma in Homeopathic Medicine & Surgery
- Master of Doctor in Homeopathy
- Doctor of Medicine (Homeopathic)
The specializations in the field of homeopathic system are given below:
- Homeopathic pharmacy
- Skin specialist
- Infertility and sex specialist
Colleges Offered BHMS Degree:
Top colleges to pursue BHMS courses are listed below:
- National Institute of Homeopathy (NIH), Kolkata
- Baba Farid University of Health Sciences (BFUHS), Faridkot
- Bharati Vidyapeeth Homeopathic Medical College, Pune
- Government Homeopathic Medical College (GHMC), Bangalore
- Pt. Khushilal Sharma Government Ayurveda College, Bhopal
Career & Jobs Opportunities:
The career prospects after the accomplishment of BHMS is not only in India but also in abroad. Many official doms are working in the manufacturing as well as research field in abroad are seeking for the professional in this field.
The student having the Bachelor of Homeopathic Medicine and Surgery (UG) degree is qualified to be called as a doctor and is also qualified to do the private practice. A homeopathic consultant may glance for the profession as a medical agent or a doctor in private or government hospital according to his choice.
The professionals in this field can work in companies those deal with the homeopathic provisions. They may get the profession in homeopathic colleges as a professor or the researcher. A large number of people are not satisfied with the allopathic treatment which gives the birth to the alternative or ayurvedic treatment.
Many people are looking for the whole cure of the disease and move to homeopathic doctors, because their medication system has no side effect which encourages to the homeopathic graduates to open or launch their own clinic for self-practice.
Given below are the job profiles which a BHMS graduate can get into:
- Private practice
- Public health specialist
- Medical assistant
- Spa director
Also read : Career as a Scientist
Given below are some of the employment areas for the professionals who have done the BHMS course:
- Medical colleges
- Charitable institutions
- Homeopathic medicine store
- Research institutes
- Training institutes
- Life science industries
- Healthcare community
- Pharmaceutical industries
- Government/ private hospitals
- Nursing home
The medical field is the yardstick among the other fields in order to the salaries. Homeopathic field also be obliged this regard. The salary of a homeopathic doctorin government sector is Rs. 25,000 to Rs. 35,000/- per month while in the private sector it starts from the Rs. 20,000 /- per month.
With experience, one can get the striking salary like Rs. 40,000 to Rs. 50, 000/- per month. If you have become popular,there is no limit of salary as a good doctor in the world.
Books & Study Materials
Some books to study BHMS are given below:
- Homoeopathy: The Complete Handbook written by K.P.S. Dhama
- Group Study in Homeopathic Material Medica written by J.D. Patil
- Wonders of a Single Dose in Homoeopathy: 2nd Edition written by Dr. K.D. Kanodia
- Principles of Anatomy and Physiology written by Gerard J. Tortora and Sandra R Grabowski
For more information visit : Education In India