About B Architecture v/s B Planning
Scholars face a big dilemma when selecting a career-based option in the field of architecture. Architecture is a stream of education that offers sufficiently of specialized studies, which often puts scholars in confusion. There’s always a protracted dilemma to choose between B. Arch or B.Planning, two of the most prevalent architecture options in India. What are the variances between them? Still, guessing out which one to choose?
Bachelors in Architecture deal with the core scheming and construction of buildings and substructure. The study is detail-oriented and needs specialized assistances and accuracy. On the other hand, Bachelors’s in Planning provides to the lowest line of planning, surveying, and model-making to make an optimum source to plan and construct human defrayals, transportation systems, drainage systems, and various more.
Due to the point that the syllabus for B.Arch and B.Planning in JEE Main exam is nearly the same, many feel that nonentity noticeable alteration can be marked between these two. Wrong. There are many variances between B. Arch and B.Planning and each programme have its own characteristic features. Let us major explore each of these programmes distinctly before indulging with the alterations between these two.
B.Arch and B.Planning can be distinguished from each other on the basis of the following limits –
|Name of Curriculum||B.Arch||B.Planning|
|Duration||05 Years||04 Years|
|Eligibility||10+2 qualified scholars from a known Board who have studied Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics at the Succeeding level with 50% aggregate||10+2 qualified scholars from a known Board who have studied Mathematics forcibly at the succeeding level|
|List of Entering Exams||JEE Main Paper – IINATAUPSEEAAT||JEE MainDASAUPESEATOJEEIUETNATA|
|Admission Procedure||Both Entry Test based and Merit-based||Both Arrival Test based and Merit-based|
|Regular Fee||Between INR 4,00,000/- to INR 8,00,000/-||Between INR 1,00,000/- to INR 2,00,000/-|
|Topmost Job Title role after Graduating||Landscape ArchitectConstruction ManagerBuilding SurveyorPlanning and Development SurveyorHigher Education Lecturer||Regional PlannerUrban PlannerInterior DesignerDesign ArchitectProject Planner|
|Topmost Recruiting Organisations||Dimension India Networks India Pvt LtdGRID Architecture Interiors Pvt LtdHLL Infratech Services LtdWAPCOS||Quarks TechnosoftMunicipal Corporation jobsTransportation Projects|
|Career Growth||The career development of Architects is not successful to slow down owing to many factors like low-stress, higher salary, upward mobility etc||After implementation B.Plan studies, the applicants become automatic good choices for openings provided both by the Government and Private segments|
|Top Salary||INR 9 LPA||INR 10 LPA|
|Regular Salary||INR 4 LPA to 5 LPA||INR 5 LPA to 6 LPA|
|Top Colleges||School of Planning and Architecture (SPA), VijayawadaAmity UniversityParul UniversityK R Mangalam UniversityJamia Milia Islamia||Integral University, LucknowSushant School of Art and Architecture, GurgaonSchool of Planning and Architecture (SPA), DelhiAmity UniversityLovely Professional University|
|Grade of Government Jobs||Government University jobsIndian Railway Stations Development Corporation Limited (IRSDCL) jobsCity Managers’ Association Madhya Pradesh-CMAMP jobs||Mumbai Port Trust jobsGujarat Infrastructure Development Board jobsCity Managers’ Association Madhya Pradesh-CMAMP jobs|
|Related Links||Which is the best option to go for after B.Arch – M.Arch or Master’s in Urban PlanningDetailed B.Arch admission process for 2020 – check hereWhich between the two – B.Arch or B.Des is wellShould a B.Arch aspirant appear in NATA or JEE Main Paper-IIHow to get admission into B.Arch without JEE Main/NATA scoreList of renowned private B.Arch colleges in India – Sample drawing questions asked in B.Arch entrance exams like NATA/JEE Main/AAT|
B Architecture v/s B Planning – Eligibility Criteria
Getting admittance into the undergraduate program for Architecture and Planning needs dedication and desire for the course. The standards for admission in Bachelors of Architecture and Bachelors in Planning more or less have alike requirements though vary in certain aspects:
- To get into the topmost colleges for Bachelors in Architecture, one has to notch a least of 50% grades in their 10+2, from a known central or state board with required subjects like Mathematics, Physics, and Chemistry.
- Though, for B. Planning, a scholar requires a least of 50% in the higher secondary analysis from a known board of examination with mathematics as their required subject.
- A person, having a certificate under 10+3 type of consideration from any discipline and a familiar university or board examination can relate for Bachelors in Planning or Bachelors in Architecture.
B.Planning vs B.Arch – Entrance Exams
Being a part of topmost universities and Academies for a bachelor’s in Architecture and Planning is a material of prominence and needs appropriate training and commitment towards the entry examination and subsequent rounds of meeting. Different universities have dissimilar structures for taking the admission procedure all across India. All government and private introduces take up a dissimilar set of examinations based on the basic understanding of the option along with the class 12 syllabus. Some of the common considerations for B. Architecture and B. Planning are:
- JEE Main
Entrance exams for B.Planning:
Even however the examination pattern is dissimilar, after the 1st two communal rounds, students appearing for B.Arch have to sit for the Sketch test having two questions, whereas B.Planning scholars have 25 questions comprising four marks each.
B.Planning vs B.Arch – Benefits of Pursuing
Both the options have high respect in the minds of candidates as the options are dynamic and have a wide possibility of learning and development. Once the scholars comprehensive the course, they can choose for government and private-sector jobs. There are numerous openings and demands for both B. Arch and B.Planning alumnae as the economies are emerging and allocating resources towards Planning and building of substructure.
Benefits of B.Arch
- After conclusion, one can work underneath Government offerings in subdivisions like Archeological, Housing & Urban Development Company, Department of Railways, etc.
- A occupation that is lucrative and dynamic with no wearisomeness. Every project that scholars handle will be extremes apart from the preceding one. Every building or every structure is dissimilar and has its own set of tests to handle.
- Once candidates complete their degree, it is not essential to work under a private or government society. One can work self-sufficiently after the graduate obtains the license to work as an Architect.
- One can develop and improve communication, creative thinking, observant boldness, team spirit, and strong corporeal stamina.
Benefits of B.Planning
- Scholars who study B. Planning gets widespread knowledge about tools and methods like Computer-aided design planning and geo-informatics for Planning.
- One gets a full view of expertise in basics of urban and rural arrangement, real estate planning, urbanization, and numerous more such modules.
- After finishing this course, a scholar can enter firms like realty firms, transport & Railway firms.
- One can too get Government job chances under sections like Municipality, Urban development, government housing plans, transports, and railways.
B Planning vs B Arch – Scope
After finishing an undergraduate degree in Bachelor’s of Architecture and Bachelor of Planning, one gets numerous chances and scope in the field. One can select to enter into the business or even select to study more in their field of specialism. The course has a high demand in the marketplace, and therefore the offered reward is relatively high and adequate.
B.Arch vs B.Planning – Job Opportunities and Top Recruiters
Further down Bachelors of Architecture, after the conclusion of 5-years of education and learning, as the scholar may work in private and government segment with job openings like:
- Data Analyst
- Project Manager
- Building Contractor
- Landscape Architect
- Architecture Draftsman and many more.
The top colleges deliver placements in corporations like Jindals, Sahara Group, Manchanda Associates, DLF, Larsen & Toubro, Architect consultants, GRID Architecture Interiors Private limited, etc.
In terms of B.Planning, after following 4-years of education a scholar has the liberty to go for private, government, or self-employment professions as there lie openings for scholars in all three features. Job roles like:
- Urban Planner
- Project Planner
- Design Architect
- Regional Planner
- Interior Designer and many more.
thats it in B Architecture v/s B Planning. also read MFM full form.
Know more at Education in India.