Hotel Management Catering & Technology is a professional course for aspirants who are willing to make their career in the reputed hospitality industry known for its glamour and opulence. Hospitality Industry is a diverse field that includes hotels, restaurants, hospitals, travel and tourism. Hotel Management courses are available both at under graduate & post graduate levels. Check Out Benefits of Hotel Management & Catering Technology Here.
There are two choices available at the under graduate level – Bachelors of Hotel Management Catering & Technology (BHMCT) – a 4years professional degree program and B.Sc (Hotel Management) – a 3 years degree program. Both the programs have been strategically designed to cater to the emerging trends and requirements of the modern industry. During the tenure of the course the students are prepared and trained on various aspects of the hospitality sector. This includes classroom learning of the core subjects, lab sessions for hands-on experience, industrial visits for better exposure and grooming & PDP sessions for all round development of the student. The teaching learning methodologies adopted here are in consensus with the present day industry scenarios so as to enhance their skills and increase their proficiency. You can Also Check Career After Hotel Management .
Hotel Management program not only provides you subject relevant knowledge but also develops your personality into a wholesome individual with all professional traits such as good communication skills, attractive personality, sound knowledge, leadership qualities and team building & team management skills thus adding a style statement to your personality.
There are numerous benefits of choosing hotel management as your career option. I will enlist the best 5 here:
- Holistic Growth & Development: Hotel Management courses provide a comprehensive growth to the individual by enhancing their subject knowledge and polishing their soft skills.
- Multifarious Job Opportunities: The course trains the students in four major departments of the hotel operations that include Food Production, Food & Beverage Service, Housekeeping and Front Office Operations. After successful completion of the course students can opt to choose any one major department to start their career with. Besides this, they are also given knowledge in allied subjects such as Human Resource Management, Financial Management, Hotel Law, Principles of Management and Tourism & Economics. The study of these subjects opens doors for them in the fields of HR, Sales & Marketing and Finance, etc. Since the allied departments are part of every organization, students have ample job opportunities to select from.
- Lucrative Package: Once you enter the hotel industry you are a part of the glory and glitter of the luxurious star category hotels. Apart from the salary that you earn at the end of the month, there is much more to attract you. Complimentary meals in the restaurants, free room stays in other locations, pick – drop facility, travel allowance, laundry, free accommodation, service charges, incentives, bonus and much more is what you get here.
- Face of the Organization – Training in Hospitality industry not only enhances your skills but also adds a glint to your personality. Sophisticated looks, graceful moves and accented tones are in demand at the Front desk of every MNC. In short, MNCs, Corporates and other organizations prefer to recruit their front desk, guest relations and customer service staff with hospitality background as they are best suited for these roles in terms of personality, soft skills and services indeed.
- Ample Travel Options – Large hotel groups that have multiple properties in different locations often send their employees for cross training from one unit to the other. This is beneficial for both personal and organization’s growth. More so, senior managers often travel from one location to another to attend conferences, board meetings and simulations etc. The best thing is that the complete travel is fully sponsored by the company which means you enjoy the luxuries of a 5* Hotel absolutely free.
All in all Hotel Management courses are widely accepted courses by various industries. It forms an integral part of various sectors such as IT, Pharmacy, Medicine, Manufacturing, Engineering, Administration, Sales & Marketing and many more. Personalized services and empathetic touch, single point of Contact is the demand of end user.
A hospitality professional has grown and developed with all these traits. During the tenure of the course the students are taught to be patient, polite, soft spoken, and empathetic. They inculcate the ‘Yes I Can’ attitude and are hence willing to step forward to find solution to any problem or query. Their positive attitude and willingness to adapt makes them comfortable in every environment. This is it in Benefits of Hotel Management & Catering Technology Check Other Post For More Updates.
Check More on Institutions In India .