What is GATE?
Check What is gate? and How to Prepare For Gate Study and Eligibility Criteria for gate and Institutes of Technologies in India & GATE Exam Pattern .The complete form of GATE is Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering. It is an examination that mainly tests the complete understanding of various Undergraduate (UG) subjects in engineering and science for admission into the Master’s Program and Job in Public Sector Companies (PSC). GATE is led jointly by the Indian Institute of Science and 7 Indian Institutes of Technologies(IIT) at Roorkee, Delhi, Guwahati, Kanpur, Kharagpur, Chennai and Mumbai on behalf of the National Coordination Board(NCB), Department of Higher Education, Ministry of Education , Government of India. As There Are Lots of Institutes of Technologies in India .
It is one of the recorded competitive examinations in India. GATE is also documented by various institutes outside India, such as Nanyang Technological University in Singapore. Also Check Polytechnic Course After 12th .
What is GATE for?
Those colleges and institutions, which offer admission without Ministry of Human Resource Development (MHRD) scholarship/assistantship, for them also the GATE exam qualification is required. After Gate Study Exam You Have Option to join Institutes of Technologies. Additionally, many Public Sector Undertakings (PSUs) use GATE exam score in their enrolment process. GATE 2022 will be directed by IIT Kharagpur for 29 subjects. The subjects with their codes are as follows:
|Architecture and its Planning
|Computer Science and Information Technology
|Production and Industrial Engineering
|Textile Engineering and Fibre Science
|Electronics and Communication Engineering
|Environmental Science and Engineering
|Humanities and Social Sciences
|Ecology and Evolution
|Geology and Geophysics
|Naval Architecture and Marine Engineering
There are additionally subjects under Engineering Science(XE) and Life Science(XL). GATE Study 2022 Paper Codes for XE and XL Papers:
|XE Paper Sections
|XL Paper Sections
|Polymer Science and Engineering
|Atmospheric and Oceanic Sciences
What are the Eligibility criteria for GATE?
Check out Eligibility Criteria for gate here. You May Also Like Bachelor of Veterinary Science BVSC
- No age limit.
- Candidates must be residents of India. Though, candidates from other countries can apply for GATE if they meet the specified eligibility criteria.
- No minimum pass % in the qualifying degree.
- Academic Qualification –
- The candidates should have passed or been in their final year or pre-final of Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering/Technology (UG) or Postgraduate (PG) degree in any appropriate science subject.
- Candidates who have secured/are pursuing their qualifying degree from countries other than India: Should be in the 3rd year or higher years or finished their Bachelor’s degree (at least 3 years) in Engineering / Science / Commerce/ Arts/ Technology.
- Candidates in the second or higher year of 4-year integrated master’s degree programs (Post-B.Sc.) in Engineering / Technology.
- Candidates in the fourth or higher year of 5-year integrated master’s degree programs or Dual Degree programs in Engineering / Technology. Also Read Engineering Highest Placement
Steps to Fill GATE Application Form
- Step1:Candidates have to register through GOAPS portal by entering their name, email ID and mobile number. On successful registration, an enrolment number will be created. Create a strong password for login purposes for further process of GATE exam.
- Step2: Login and enter all the requisite details like personal, educational and communication information. Further, details related to college and valid photo ID also has to be filled in the application form. Additionally, selection of GATE paper and exam centres as per the preference had to be done.
- Step3: The photograph, signature and category certificate (if applicable) have to be scanned and uploaded as per the conditions mentioned by the system.
- Step4: To complete the application process of GATE exam, payment of the application fee as per the category one belongs to in online mode i.e., net banking/debit card/credit card has to be made.
GATE 2022 registration fee
- Male (General/ OBC) – Rs. 1,500
- SC/ ST/ PWD – Rs. 750
- Women (All Category) – Rs. 750
NOTE: After completing the above given steps, review and submit the GATE 2022 application form.
GATE Exam Pattern
Checkout GATE Exam Pattern which can help you in Gate Study Prepration Here.
|Total number of Questions
|There will be 3 question types: Multiple Choice Questions (MCQ)Multiple Select Questions (MSQ)Numerical Answer Type (NAT) Questions
|Number of sections
|It consists total of 3 sections except for AR, CY, GG, EY, XL, PH and MA papers: General Aptitude,Engineering Mathematics (XL papers – Chemistry) Subject – Specific section
|General Aptitude Section
|It consists of compulsory General Aptitude (GA) section consisting of 10 questions. 5 will carry 1 mark and the rest 5 will carry 2 marks each. Total of 15 marks.
|MCQs – 1 mark for each correct answer; 1/3 mark will be deducted for every wrong response.MCQs – 2 marks for each correct answer; 2/3 mark will be deducted for every incorrect answer.MSQs – One or two marks for each correct answer, no negative marking.No negative marking for NAT questions.
|Exam Pattern/Marks of each section
|CE, CS, EC, AE, AG, IN, TF, PE, ST, PI, BT, CH, ME, MN, MT, EE
|General Aptitude – 5 questions (3 marks each) Engineering Mathematics – 5 questions (13 marks) Number of questions – 15 questions consists of 72 marks.
|AR, CY, GG, EY, XE, XL, PH, MA
|General Aptitude and Maths – 11 questions (15 marks) Number of questions – 44 questions consists of 85 marks.
Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering 2022 Exam Pattern – According to Paper Code
HOW GATE score is calculated?
The GATE score of candidate will be obtained using a formula out of 1000 marks while the marks of a candidate is the actual number secured by a candidate in the exam out of 100. The GATE result of the qualified candidate indicates both GATE score and the marks attained by candidates. GATE scores are used by institutes to offer admission in Postgraduate engineering courses and also by Public Sector Undertakings (PSUs) for selecting candidate to offer employment. You May Like Cyber Security laws in India
How GATE scores are calculated?
There is only one session in the paper. Therefore, actual marks obtained by the candidatess are used for calculating the GATE Score. For papers in multi-sessions, normalized marks are used forcalculating the GATE score.
GATE Score Calculation Formula
What are the benefits of giving GATE paper?
· Go for Higher Studies(Masters/PhD)
GATE qualified candidates can apply for admissions in various IITs, NITs, GFTIs, IISc and may pursue other institutes for higher studies/qualification. Similarly, they can reward some reserved seats at IIMs for doctoral programmes. Based on one’s Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering score obtained by the candidate, Institutes like IIT,Bombay offers admissions to PhD, PGDM and PGDIE programmes.
· Go for Overseas to Study
GATE exam qualified candidates can apply for studies in other countries like Germany, Singapore, US, etc. Hence, India is not only the border.
This is it in gate Study, Eligibility Criteria of Gate, Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering,Gate Exam Pattern, Institutes of Technologies . Check More on Education In India Site .