BDS doctor means
Bachelor of Dental Surgery is a 5-years undergraduate platform and the only approved specialized dental course in India. It is a required course for the scholars ambitious to work as dentists at government or private hospitals. BDS is one of the most prevalent medical courses after MBBS in India.
BDS Course Highlights:BDS doctor means
|Full-Form||Bachelor of Dental Surgery|
|Duration||5 years ( 4 years + 1 year of obligatory paid internship).|
|Examination Kind||Semester Based|
|Eligibility||10+2 with a minimum of 50% Compulsory subjects include Physics, Chemistry, Biology|
|Admission Procedure||Entrance Exam (NEET)|
|Regular Course Fee||INR 1-6 lacs per annum|
|Average Preliminary Salary||INR 4-10 lacs (approx.)|
|Topmost Recruiters||Hospitals, Dental Clinics, Educational Institutes, etc.|
|Job Positions||Dental Research Scientist, Dentist, Lecturer, etc.|
BDS mostly focuses on training and presenting the scholars to the dental sciences and surgeries. The 5-year program includes 4 years of classroom education and 1 year of required rotating internship.
After MBBS, one of the most wanted courses by scholars these days in the health sector is BDS.
The degree is controlled by the Dental Council of India ( DCI ). The numerous subjects taught in the program comprise Dental Histology, Oral Pathology, Oral Surgery, etc.
It is essential for the scholars to register themselves in the Dental Council of India which controls the BDS option so that they become qualified to practise their profession after the conclusion of their degree.
In India, for admittance to BDS courses, it is obligatory for scholars to qualify a 10+2 examination or an equivalent degree with at least 85% from a known institute.
There is usually only one entry exam lead all over India. The entry exam is named National Suitability cum Entrance Examination ( NEET ) and is held as a national level examination once a year.
What is the BDS Admission Process
Here is everything that you need to know about BDS that includes BDS course fees, entrance exams, etc.
- Admissions to BDS generally take place through the national level NEET examination lead across the country.
- It has been made obligatory since 2016 that admissions to medical options like MBBS, BDS, etc. require scholars to appear for NEET.
- In order to be qualified for the course, the scholar must attain a minimum of 50% in the 10+2 succeeding examination.
- The applicants are allowed to enter the admission procedure of the college only if they meet the suitability criteria.
- Once the scholars clear the cut-off set for the examination, they can continue with the counselling sessions for admittance to the college.
What is the BDS Eligibility Criteria
Being qualified for a course is a precondition for admission to a particular college and course. The rudimentary eligibility criteria for admissions to BDS courses have been stated as follows:
- The aspiring applicant must have passed the 10+2 qualifying examination or an equivalent degree with a least of 50% aggregate from a known institute.
- They obligation have deliberate the subjects of Physics, Chemistry and Biology compulsorily in their 10+2.
- In nearly every college offering this course, the admittances are based on the result of NEET. The scholar must clear the cut-off of the examination to be qualified for admission.
- If the scholars manage to qualify the entrance, they need to perform for the counselling sessions prearranged by the colleges.
- There are usually three rounds of counselling sessions held.
Why Study BDS?: BDS doctor means
There are numerous reasons due to which the scholars opt for this course to build their career. Some of the rewards of the course have been listed further down:
- Due to the augmented awareness about oral hygiene, the number of dental patients has amplified too in the country. To treat these patients, one must own a degree of BDS as it has been required in India that dentistry can be practised only at the completion of BDS.
- Scholars expect a rise in employment chances in the near future. The reason being that there has been a fast upsurge in the number of dental patients as well as doctors and the government goals at providing better job opportunities to dentists by cumulative the employment opportunities.
- During the period of a rewarded internship, the scholars may earn up to INR 15,000 – 40,000 (approx.) which increases with the increased expertise and experience.
- Students can even practice their skills in countries like the US and Canada to earn an increased income compared to what they get in India. However, for this, they need to clear exams like NBDE or NDEB.
- It is an incredible course for the students who desire to choose dentistry as their profession.
What is the BDS Syllabus?
The 5-year program includes a vast syllabus. Each year has a stated syllabus so that scholars can give proper time and effort to each and every topic. The syllabus for BDS courses have been stated below:
|1st Year||2nd Year|
|Biochemistry Dental Histology Dental Materials Law for Dental Profession Anatomy Physiology Preclin Prosthodontics||Preclin Conservative Pharmacology Dental Materials Pharmacology Oral Pathology Microbiology Pathology|
|3rd Year||4th year|
Gen Surgery Gen Medicine Pedodontics Oral Pathology Oral Medicine Oral Surgery Public Health Orthodontics Conservative Dentistry Prosthodontics Patient Safety Curriculum Community Orientation Program Group Project/Research
Pedodontics Public Health Dentistry Orthodontics Oral Medicine Oral Surgery Prosthodontics Periodontics Practice Observership Conservative Dentistry
Pedodontics and Preventive Dentistry Period ontology Oral Medicine, Diagnosis and Radiology Public Health Dentistry Conservative Dentistry and Endodontics Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery Oral Pathology and Microbiology Accident and Emergency Medicine Comprehensive Oral Health Care
thats it in BDS doctor means. also check BSc nursing abroad.
to know more at Education in India.