Bangalore is the capital city of the Indian state Karnataka. This city is also known as Bengaluru (Kannada). It is located in the southern India on the Deccan Plateau. This city is considered as one of the educational hubs in the country. It is a home for medical education for the students from all over the country & many other parts of the world as well. According to the census 2011, the literacy rate of Bangalore is 75.06%. Through this article, candidates can get complete details about Top Medical Colleges in Bangalore 2021.
Bangalore is a major educational hub and has several renowned educational institutes. Bangalore is a place of opportunities and the weather of Bangalore is also one of the reasons for making it the option for further studies.
- There are around 62 medical colleges in Bangalore.
- Among them, around 47 are private medical institutes and 15 are public medical institutes.
- St. John’s Medical College is ranked as the best medical college in Bangalore by most of the agencies. It has been ranked 14th position by NIRF 2020, 4th rank by Outlook 2019, 14th rank by India Today ranking and 13th rank by the Week 2019.
- Bangalore Medical College and Research Institute is the best government medical college in Bangalore and has the least annual fees than any other medical colleges. It has been ranked 12th position by Outlook 2019, 13th rank by India Today 2019 and 9th rank by the Week 2019.
List of Top Medical Colleges in Bangalore 2021
For the academic session 2021, we have listed the list of top medical colleges in Bangalore at sarvgyan.com. In the given list, we have included all the government & private institutions which got approval from the DCI, MCI, CCH, etc.
How we have rated the Colleges
We have rated all the given institutions on the basis of several parameters after a complete survey & research. These factors are national importance, education quality, college infrastructure, academic progress, faculty ratio, feedback from the students, internship, facilities provided by the colleges, etc.
Admission Procedure For Top Medical Colleges in Bangalore 2021
The admission to the medical & dental programmes in Bangalore city will be done on the basis of national level examination. Candidates have to appear in the NEET examination to get admission into MBBS & BDS courses. NEET scorecard will be accepted by all the governments & private colleges situated in the city. For admission to the PG medical courses, candidates must qualify the NEET-PG examination.
Top Medical Colleges in Bangalore: Admission Process
The admission into most of the medical colleges in Bangalore is done through the national level entrance examination. After merging of AIIMS and JIPMER into NEET, NEET is the only medical entrance examination for admission into MBBS, BDS, and Ayush course. For postgraduate courses, the admissions are taken through NEET-PG and AIIMS-PG.
St. John’s Medical College
St. John’s Medical College was established in 1963 by the Catholic Bishops Conference of India. It is accredited by NAAC and recognized by UGC and Rajiv Gandhi University of Health Science (RGUHS). It has always received 5-star grading by UGC. They offer MBBS, BSc, M.S, MSc and M.D courses.
- It has been ranked 14th by NIRF, 4th rank by outlook, 14th rank by India Today and 13th rank by week.
- They take admission into MBBS courses through NEET-UG and M.D and M.S through NEET-PG.
- The annual fees for MBBS are Rs. 556,400 and for M.S and M.D are Rs. 850,000.
- They take around 190 students into UG courses and 159 students into PG courses.
- The average salary package for the UG course is around INR 54,000 and PG courses are around INR 65,000.
Top Medical Colleges in Bangalore 2021: Through NEET-UG
NEET-UG is conducted by the National Testing Agency (NTA) on behalf of the Ministry of Human Resource Development (MHRD). This exam is conducted in the month of May for admission into MBBS/ BDS courses in approved and recognized Medical/ Dental colleges in India. Section 14 of the National Medical Commission Act 2019, has merged the AIIMS and JIPMER exams with NEET. Now only one common and uniform examination i.e NEET will be conducted for admission into any medical institute in India.
- NEET is conducted in 154 centers across India and approximately 1,500,000 candidates appear for the exam every year.
- There are around 117 colleges in India that accept NEET scores.
Top medical colleges in Bangalore that accept NEET-UG scores
- St. John’s Medical College
- Bangalore Medical College & Research Institute
- M.S. Ramaiah Medical College
Top Medical Colleges in Bangalore 2021: Through NEET-PG
NEET-PG exam is conducted in the month of January most probably by the National Board of Examination (NBE). This examination is conducted to give admission to students into 19.953 Doctorate of Medicine (MD),
- In medical colleges, Master of Surgery offers seats and PG Diploma offers 1979 seats to the students across India.
- It is a computer-based test which consists of 300 MCQs type questions. The exam is held in 162 centres across India.
- Individual counselling is conducted for the quotas which includes all India quota, state quota and central and deemed universities.
Top medical colleges in Bangalore which accept NEET-PG scores:
- St. John’s Medical College, Banglore
- M.S. Ramaiah Medical College, Banglore
Top Medical Colleges in Bangalore in 2021: Through AIIMS-PG
AIIMS-PG is a post-graduate entrance exam for admission into PG courses like Master of Dental Surgery (MDS), Doctorate of Medicine (DM), Master of Surgery (MS), Doctor of Medicine (MD), and M.Ch course. It is a nationwide level examin and is supposed to be conduct twice in a year.
Top medical college in Bangalore which accept AIIMS-PG scores
- Bangalore Medical College & Research Institute
Top Medical Colleges in Bangalore 2021: Placement Wise
- The standard placement of the top medical colleges in Bangalore is in the series of 4-6 lakhs per annum.
- The maximum average placement salary is ensured by St. John’s Medical college which is around 6.48 Lakhs.
- The maximum placement of all the top institutes is around 10 lakhs.
Also Read : Archarya Narendra Dev College
Top Medical Courses
The top medical courses offered by the a variety of colleges in Bangalore includes MBBS (Bachelor of Medicine and Bachelor of Surgery) & BDS (Bachelor of Dental Surgery). Some other medical programmes are BUMS, BAMS, BHMS, MD & MS. Candidates have options to chase specializations in MD/MS courses. These specializations are Orthopedics, ENT, Biochemistry, Anatomy, Microbiology, General Surgery, Ophthalmology, & many others.
For more information visit : Education In India
|College||Established Year||Affiliated To|
|St.John’s Medical College, Bangalore||1963||Rajiv Gandhi University of Health Sciences|
|DR.B.R. Ambedkar Medical College, Bangalore||1981||RGUHS|
|MS Ramaiah Medical Collge, Bangalore||1979||RGUHS|
|Vydehi Institute of Medical Sciences & Research Centre, Bangalore||2000||RGUHS|
|Bangalore Medical College and Research Institute, Bangalore||1955||RGUHS|
|Kempegowda Institute of Medical Sciences, Bangalore||1980||RGUHS|
|MVJ Medical College and Research Hospital, Bangalore||2001||RGUHS|
|Raja Rajeswari Medical College & Hospital, Bangalore||2005||RGUHS|
|Mandya Institute of Medical Science, Bangalore||2006||RGUHS|
|Rajiv Gandhi University of Health Sciences, Bangalore||1996||Public University|
|Sri Siddhartha Medical College, Bangalore||1988||Vishveswaraiah Technological University|
|Bangalore Institute of Dental Sciences, Bangalore||1991||RGUHS|
|Dayananda Sagar College of Dental Sciences, Bengaluru||1991||RGUHS|
|Krishnadevaraya College of Dental Sciences & Hospital, Bengaluru||1992||RGUHS|
|MS Ramaiah Dental College and Hospital, Bangalore||1991||RGUHS|
|Vokkaligara Sangha Dental College & Hospital, Bangalore||1986||RGUHS|
|The Oxford Dental College & Hospital, Bengaluru||2013||RGUHS|
|Rajarajeshwari Dental College & Hospital, Bangalore||1992||RGUHS|
|AECS Maaruti College of Dental Sciences & Research Centre, Bangalore||1992||RGUHS|
|Sri Rajiv Gandhi College of Dental Sciences & Hospital, Bangalore||1992||RGUHS|
|DA Pandu Memorial R.V. Dental College and Hospital, Bangalore||1992||RGUHS|
|Sri Venkateshwara Dental College & Hospital, Bangalore||1992||RGUHS|
|MathrusriRamabai Ambedkar Dental College & Hospital, Bangalore||1986||RGUHS|
|KLE Society’s Institute of Dental Sciences, Bangalore||1965||RGUHS|
|Shri KalabyraveshwaraAyurved Medical College & Hospital & Research Centre, Bangalore||1997||RGUHS|
|Atreya Ayurvedic Medical College, Doddaballapura||2006||RGUHS|
|Sapthagiri Institute of Medical Sciences and Research Center, Bangalore||2011||RGUHS|
|Bhagwan Buddha Homoeopathic Medical College, Bangalore||1996||RGUHS|
|Government Homoeopathic Medical College Bangalore||1986||RGUHS|
|BGS Global Institute of Medical Sciences Bangalore||2013||RGUHS|