About Bachelor of Science or BSc in Food Technology
Bachelor of Science or BSc in Food Technology is a full-time undergraduate package which is of 3-year length. This package includes an progressive study of approaches and doings which are complicated in Conserving, Processing, and Industrial of food.
Applicants must have approved Class 12 or equal from a documented panel with Physics, Chemistry and Biology/Home Science as required topics with an collective of at smallest 51% marks (41% for candidates fitting to SC/ ST/ OBC Candidates).
Fee to BSc Food Technology colleges are founded on the applicant’s recital in the appearance exam. But, some institutions/universities also offer fee on the foundation of merit, ready on the basis of candidate’s marks in Class 12 examination. The regular sequence fee varieties from INR 21,000 – INR 61,000.
The regular annual preliminary salary obtainable to BSc Food Science graduates in India ranges among INR 5 and 8 Lacs contingent on the applicant’s knowhow in the field.
Also read: Telangana NEET Counselling 2021
BSc Food Technology Course Highlights
Some of the major highlights of the course are given below: –
|Duration of the Course||3 years|
|Examination Type||Semester System/ Yearly|
|Eligibility||Passed Class 12 or equivalent from a recognized board.|
|Admission Process||Both merit-based and entrance-based modes of admission are applicable. It depends on the university.|
|Average Course Fee||INR 20,000 to 60,000|
|Average Starting Salary||INR 5,00,000 to INR 8,00,000|
|Top Job Areas||Advertising or Quality Assurance Firms, Manufacture Management Companies, Logistics Section, Investigate and Growth Centres, Hotels and Restaurants etc.|
|Top Job Companies||MTR Foods Limited, Amul, Dabur India Ltd., Godrej India Limited, Nestle India Pvt. Ltd., Hindustan Unilever Limited, Cadbury India Limited etc.|
|Top Job Positions||Food Technologist, Organic Chemists, Biochemists, Home Economists, Research Scientists, Head Engineer, Production Manager, Recruiters etc.|
All About BSc Food Technology courses
BSc Food Technology is a package which is intended with an aim to prepare scholars expert in areas connected to the field of Food Discipline and Technology.
Bachelor of Science or BSc in Food Technology
- This package delivers students an in-depth information of the technical and practical methods which are obligatory to comprehend the countryside of raw food resources.
- This course helps pupils in empathetic the basic notions such as conformation of food, food and diet, physicochemical and biological possessions.
- It also helps scholars in knowledge different methods related to food dispensation and protection of food.
- The package includes study of numerous subjects such as Chemistry, Biology, Nutrition, Biochemistry, Microbiology and Chemical Engineering etc.
- Schoolchildren are also given an decision of studying in any of the Cereals, Dairy, Alcohol, Sugar, Bakery and Sweet items, fruits and potatoes, oil and oil seed dispensation and meat-fish.
Why Study BSc Food Technology?
There are many aids of chasing a B.Sc. in Food Technology degree set. Some of them are:
- A graduate in Nutriment Technology can easily get frequent entry-level jobs in Advertising or Quality Pledge Companies, Manufacture Organization Firms, Logistics sections, Research and Development Centres, Hotels and Eateries, Colleges and Universities, etc.
- Students can also follow jobs as Food Scientist, Organic Chemists, Manufacture Manager, etc. in various govt. or private organizations.
- Those who wish to hunt higher studies in the field of Food Expertise can also chase M.Sc. in this turf and can simply get a advanced location in the community and private sector.
Who should study BSc Food Technology?
- Persons absorbed in the Food Industry, and inquisitive about Food Industrial procedures can opt for this course.
- Individuals with invention and creativity skills can chase this course.
- Those with leadership and diagnostic skills can pursue BSc Food Skill they are the greatest crucial skills recruiters look for while signing a student, Bachelor of Science or BSc in Food Technology.
BSc Food Technology Admission Process
- Maximum of the organizations and universities offering the BSc Food Knowledge database admit pupils based on their recital in the entrance examination conducted by the admission authorities shadowed by subsequent admission rounds.
- However, some campuses/ colleges offer admission to this program based on the applicant’s recital in the Class 12 examination.
- To get direct charge to the BSc Food Knowledge course, candidates are compulsory to score good marks in both the Class 12 inspection and the entrance exam.
- The academies will prepare a worth list based on class 12 marks and appearance exam marks.
- The qualified contenders will be termed for file verification.
- After the positive proof of documents, the intrants will be offered admission to the course.
BSc Food Technology Eligibility Criteria
Candidates seeking admission to the program need to fulfil the following BSc Food Technology eligibility criteria.
- Candidates must have passed Class 12 or equivalent in relevant discipline with an aggregate of at least 50% (45% for candidates belonging to SC/ ST Category) marks from a recognized board.
- Scholars must have intentional Physics, Chemistry, Biology/ Home Science in Class 12.
BSc Food Technology Entrance Exams
|Exam Name||Application Deadline||Exam Date|
|IIFPT||First week of July,2021||Last week of July,2021|
How to prepare for Entrance exams?
We have registered a few points below to help the candidates crack the arrival exams.
- Syllabus and enquiry structure: The schoolchildren are mandatory to have a whole idea of the program and the query paper. Most entrance inspections are of 2–3-hour period and the queries obtainable in the newspaper are of impartial type.
- Section-wise Preparation: Queries are mainly asked from the subjects -like Physics, Chemistry, Biology and English. Therefore, the pupils need to have a clear understanding of all these subjects.
- Past Year Papers: The scholars must study the previous year’s question newspaper in detail. This will help them to understand the type of queries asked in the examination.
- Time Management: This is the most significant aspect of one’s preparation, as students are suggested to have a proper time table and should rehearsal time-based papers
- For further information : Education in India