About master of social work .MSW- Human Resource Development and Management, is a new-fangled programme that is presented by the Department of Social Work. This programme formulates the scholars to build careers in the HR departments of industries, hospitals, NGOs and other organizations. Checkout What is MSW Here.
This two-year course mergers the core areas of the field with the developing trends in the Management of Human Resources. The curriculum conveys certain foundational and methods papers related to human behaviour, helping processes, development, health and human resource. Program engages students on core areas of Human Resources Management connected to acquisition, performance management, labour relations, compensation, management and development of human resources with areas such as employee authorization and engagement, employee provision and assistantship programmes, corporate social responsibility, work life balance and management, personal and laws related to family and children. An ideal mix of theory and practice orientation is delivered in this course.
The onus of the curriculum moreover knowledge sharing and knowledge formation is on creativity, critical thinking and skill development. An equal weightage is specified both to classroom work as well as field based learning.
What is MSW
- MSW is a social science course that is meant for teaching students to operate resources to eradicate the complications of society and try to ease their pain and problems through counselling, funds or different social methods.
- The course provides particular knowledge about numerous subjects associated to social works such as Labour Welfare, Human Resource Development & Management, Rural Reconstruction, Child Rights & Child Protection, and much more. Though, with only 12.5% female staff there has been a gender gap in the field of social work in India.
- The key purpose of presenting the Master of Social Work program in India is to allow social work practitioners to advance sensitivity, cultivate rights-based perspective, values and ethics, learn research skills, and form skills and competencies required for effective social work involvement in the society in different sectors, ranging from child welfare to sociology.
- Graduates will be capable to gain conceptual clarity, reflective learning, analysis, and critical thinking to do fieldwork, and also achieve self-awareness, research skills to subsidise meaningfully in various organizations and aspects of the society.
- Applicants subsequently completion of the course can land jobs in government sectors such as the Ministry of Social Justice and Empowerment on a permanent basis or on a contract basis in job title role such as Coordinator, Program Manager, Fieldwork, etc.
- Reports advise that 18% of the social workers work in Individual and Family services, 14 % in Local Government bodies excluding education and hospitals, 14% work in health care service and 13% in State Government not including education and hospitals.
Who should do MSW
- This course must be followed by applicants who wish to pursue jobs in the social and humanitarian sector.
- Applicants who want to have a career as a social worker should follow this course.
- Officials of big multinational companies who are in charge of corporate social responsibility can choose this course.
- Candidates who are looking for variation in their career, can choose for this course.
- Likewise, individuals who demand to set up their own NGOs can look to complete the MSW course.
- BSW (Bachelor of Social work) graduates can follow this course for educating their job prospects.
Some MSW- human resource colleges are listed below.
Aligarh Muslim University – AMU
This university was established in year 1875 by the Indian Muslims. It was awarded as Central university by an act of Parliament. This is a top Central University with the several facilities and maintained infrastructure. It draws students from all corners of the world. In some courses seats are reserved for students from SAARC & Commomwealth countries and university is open for all caste, creed, religion or gender.
Also Check Difference Between Diploma and Degree
- Agricultural Sciences
- Engineering & Technology
- Life Sciences
- Management Studies & Research
- Social Sciences
- Unani Medicine
Christ University, Bengaluru
Christ college was established on 15th july 1969 by St.kuriakose Elias Chavara. This college is tagged as Deemed to be University and vastly regards as one of the oldest and most prestigious college for arts and science course. It is founded to impart higher education. This university now aimed at developing the moral, spiritual, intellectual and aesthetic value of individuals. It wants to carry forward its tradition by enrolling students from varied economic and social backgrounds & different communities.
Their courses in different fields.
Mahatma Gandhi University, Kerala
This university was established in year 1983 which is affiliated to State University. It is one of the affiliated university in Kerala as the prrmier educational institution that strives to fulfil higher education needs of the people og central Kerala.
Lady Shri Ram College for Women
This college was established in year 1956 which is affiliated to University of Delhi, New Delhi. Its aims to create an educational institute that creats atmosphere where women can achieve excellence in academic and extracurricular activities that develops the power of critical thinking.
- P.G diploma
This college was established in year 1948 which is affiliated to University of Delhi and recognised by UCG. Its aims to keep institutional practice upto date in order to meet the demand of ever changing knowledge society. It also aiming to empower students with social skills and intellectual resourses.
Other top colleges for MSW- human resource in India
• Tata Institute of Social Sciences (TISS), Mumbai
• Delhi School of Social Work, Delhi
• College of Social Work, Mumbai
• Xavier Institute of Labour Relations, Mumbai
• Madras School of Social Work, Chennai
• Department of Social Work, Christ College, Bangalore
• Department of Social Work, Jamia Millia Islamia, Delhi
• Department of Social Work, Pune
• Department of Sociology , Mumbai
• School of Social Work, Mangalore
• Department of Social Work, Lucknow
• Department of Social Work , Chennai
• Loyola College of Social Sciences, Thiruvananthapuram
• IISWBM, Calcutta
• Karve Institute of Social Service
• Roda Mistry College of Social Work & Research Centre, Hyderabad
MSW Job Profiles
After completing MSW course, candidates can either pursue advanced studies in the field of social work. Apart from higher studies, applicants can also choose to pursue a job in the field of social work after completing their MSW course. Some general job profiles that candidates can join after effectively completing their MSW course are listed below:
- Social Worker: In such a job profile, one provides suitable resources, advice and support to individuals who are facing problems in their personal/ professional life. A social worker helps individuals manage with their monetary, emotional or social needs.
- Project Coordinator: Applicants are employed in NGOs at this job profile. Project Coordinators want to help in the planning, budgeting and monitoring process of a project undertaken by an NGO. Apart from this, a Project Coordinator also needs to confirm that the project is undertaken is being lead within the framework established and all documentation work is complete. A project coordinator also gets in touch with helpers and ensures that the project is being completed as per timelines fixed for it.
- Professor: Applicants can also become educationists in the field of social work.