About Optical Engineering in India
MTech in Optical Engineering is a two years full-time postgraduate engineering course. The chief focus of this is in the Optical field. The two- years sequence is divided into 4 semesters.
The MTech in Optical Engineering imparts the scholars the way to build optical tools like telescopes, lenses, and other gear that can be made with the possessions of light. The suitability criteria is that the contender must pass their B. Tech or Be in a pertinent subject with least 50% marks in collective from any documented college or university.
All the colleges accept admissions through MTech Entrance Exam i.e. GATE .
Also read: Textile Engineering Subjects
The jobs obtainable to the applicants having MTech Optical Engineering are Optical designing and engineering, Leather technical companies, etc. The job profile they can apply for are Optical Designer, Optical Construction Technician, Optical Production Engineer, Optical Scientist, Optical or Laser Technician, Opto-Mechanical Engineer, etc.
The themes studied in the course include Theoretical Subjects, Optical Engineering Fundamentals, Opto-mechanical Design Analysis, Optical Fabrication and Testing, Directed Wave Optics, Adaptive Optics, Optical System Examination and Design, etc
MTech Optical Engineering in India : Course Highlight
|Examination type||Semester System|
|Eligibility||B. Tech/B.E. in Aerospace Engineering / Avionics / Electronics /Electrical Engineering / Electronics and Communiqué Engineering / Mechanical Engineering/ Engineering Physics / Physical Sciences with minimum 50% marks in aggregate|
|Average Course Fee||INR 2-3 Lakh|
|Average Salary||INR 4-8 Lakh|
|Top Recruiters||ACE Group, Nokia, Navy, Défense Services, Indian Institute of Astrophysics, DRDO, Cisco, Indian Space Research Organisation (ISRO), Intel Technology, Sterlite Optical Technologies Ltd, Vikram Sarabhai Space Centre (VSSC), National Physical Laboratory, Wipro Technologies, Bharat Electronics, Opti wave Photonics Limited, J2 Optronics pct. Ltd., EXFO Electro-Optical Engineering India Pt. Ltd, etc.|
|Job Positions||Optical Engineer, Optical Designer, Optical Fabrication Technician, Optical Manufacturing Engineer, Optical Scientist, Optical or Laser Technician, Opto-Mechanical Engineer, Physicist, Process Engineer, Product Development Engineer, Professor, Electro-Optics Engineer, Visual Augmentation Engineer, etc|
MTech Optical Engineering in India: Admission Process
The price process of MTech starts soon after the announcement of the graduation result. The applicants must keep a track of the start request date. They need to apply for admission via Online or Offline mode.
- The applicants need to appear for the appearance test of GATE.
- The assortment of the pupils is on the basis of the score gotten by them in the entrance examination.
- The Campuses releases the submission detail (Online/ Offline)
- The Applicants must fill in the application form, choose the anticipated course
- Applicants need to sit for the Entrance Examination, and the follow the assortment procedure is based on the score gotten by the candidates
- Then the charge process begins, by selecting the applicants and those shortlisted candidates are further called for the counselling process.
- Applicants will be obligatory to bring original papers, the college administration confirms the credentials, and lastly selects the students.
MTech Optical Engineering: Eligibility
- To follow the course, contenders need to have a B.Tech./ B.E. in Visual Engineering or allied twigs (Food Technology/Food Science / Food Science and Technology /Agricultural and Food Engineering / Dairy & Food Technology/Dairy & Food Engineering/ Food Technology and Management) from a documented college, and gotten through the 10+2+4 system of education.
- The smallest combined score compulsory is 50% (differs from institute to institute) or equivalent CGPA in graduation. A reduction of 5% marks is given for reserved category (SC/ST/OBC) candidates.
- The scholars who are yet to give their last semester inspections may apply for this
MTech Optical Engineering in India: Entrance Exams
In order to get price in the MTech course, the applicants must appear for the Arrival Inspection, Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering (GATE).
Exam Pattern of GATE is described below:
- The design of this exam comprises two types of questions, Manifold Choice Questions, and Numerous Select Question/ Numerical Answer Type (NAT) question.
- Nearby are a total of three segments, they are General Aptitude, Engineering Mathematics, and Subject-based. the Universal Aptitude section has ten queries, five among them will carry one mark each, and the residual five will have two marks each.
- The pattern schemes are, there are two kinds of MCQs. The MCQs with one mark will be given 1 mark for precise answer and 1/3 marks will be subtracted for a wrong answer, and the MCQs with 2 marks, +2 for the correct answer, and -2/3 marks will be subtracted for a wrong answer. There is no undesirable pattern in the Numerical Aptitude test (NAT) section.
Entrance Exam Highlights
|Exam Name||Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering (GATE)|
|Conducting body||Indian Institute of Science and Indian Institute of Technology|
|Exam Date||February 5- February 14, 2021|
Given below are the tentative dates of entrance exams for MTech Optical Engineering:
|Exam Name||Registration Date||Exam Date|
|GATE||Sept 11 to Dec 15, 2020||Feb 6, 7, 13, 14, 2021|
MTech Optical Engineering: How To Get Admission in a Good College?
Admission to MTech in Optical Engineering is based on the presentation of the applicants in the Entrance Examination, shadowed by a round of personal conferences. The applicants are hypothetical to score above that year cut-off. They are qualified based on the score of the Arrival Examination. These qualified contenders are further called for the counselling process.