About CET EXAM ELIGIBILITY CRITERIA
Contenders have to MHT CET Suitability Principles laid down by the leading authority to seem for the exam. All Indian Residents who have approved HSC/12th class exam or its equal inspection are qualified to appear for MHT CET 2021. As per DTE Maharashtra, 80% of the seats in private unassisted engineering institutes in Maharashtra will be filled through MHT CET, while 20% seats will be filled/reserved for All India Quota grounded on MHT CET.
MHT CET Recent Admission Alerts and Updates
- 16 August, 2021: Last day to register/correct MHT CET Application details today.
- 12 August, 2021: MHT CET Form correction to open from Aug 14.
- 5 August, 2021: MHT CET 2021 Exam Dates have been announced.
- 4 August, 2021: MHT CET 2021 Official Brochure has been released on June 10.
- 4 August, 2021: MHT CET 2021 Registration process ends on July 15.
- 4 August, 2021: MHT CET Mock Tests available for students to practice.
- Also, the applicants appearing in the qualifying examination (HSC/12th) in 2021 are considered eligible.
- There is no age limit for appearance in MHT CET 2021.
Read the following article to know more around MHT CET 2021 circumstances for suitability such as residence, age, educational qualification, passing examination, and subject combinations.
Also read : Polytechnic Allotment
Eligibility Criteria 2021
CET EXAM ELIGIBILITY CRITERIA
- Nationality of a Candidate – The contenders should be of Indian nationality.
- Age Limit – There is no age limit set for the applicants by the authorities.
- Qualifying Examination – The applicants should have approved 12th or the equivalent inspection from a documented board/university with Physics, Chemistry, and Mathematics as the required subjects. Applicants appearing for the passing exam i.e., 12th in 2021 are also qualified for the exam.
- Minimum Marks Required – Overall class applicants should have protected smallest 51% aggregate marks in 12th typical examination where the valid percentage for SC/ ST/ OBC candidates is 47%.
Candidature Type Eligibility
MHT CET 2021 Eligibility Criteria Based on Candidature Type
|Students’ Category||Eligibility Criteria|
|Candidates of Maharashtra State (State Quota)||Nationality: ONLY Indian Nationals are eligible. Educational Qualification: Candidates should have passed HSC/equivalent exam with Mathematics and Physics as compulsory subjects with any one of the subjects – Chemistry/ Biotechnology/ Biology/ Technical/ Vocational subjects. In these subjects, the candidates should have secured a minimum of 50% marks for General Category and at least 45% marks for reserved group and PwD applicants (belonging to Maharashtra State only). OR Applicants must have passed Diploma in Manufacturing and secured a minimum of 50 % marks in aggregate (for General category) and at least 45% aggregate marks (for reserved/ retrograde category/ Persons with Disability) belonging to Maharashtra State only. OR should have accepted B.Sc. Degree from a recognized college as clear by UGC with a minimum of 50% aggregate marks (for General category) and at least 45% collective marks (for backward class/ Persons with Disability) fitting to Maharashtra State only. These applicants should have passed XII class with Mathematics as a subject|
|All India Candidates (AI Quota)|
|Jammu & Kashmir Migrant Candidates|
|Children of NRI/OCI/PIO/Indian workers in Gulf Countries (CWGC), Foreign National (FN) Candidates||These applicants must have passed HSC or equal exam with Physics and Arithmetic as required subjects with one of these – Chemistry/ Biotechnology/ Biology/ Technical/ Vocational subjects and obtained at least 50% marks in the above subjects taken together|
MH State Candidature Eligibility
Maharashtra State Candidature Criteria for MHT CET 2021
A Candidate can claim only one type of Maharashtra State Candidature Type i.e. from Type A to E. Candidates who have a domicile of Maharashtra state fall under this category.
|Candidature Type||Eligibility Criterion|
|Type A||Applicants transitory SSC and also Diploma in Engineering or HSC or Bachelor of Science Exam from a documented organization in the state of Maharashtra. Applicant who is either a home of Maharashtra and/or is born in Maharashtra|
|Type B||Applicants not falling in Type A but their mother or father are residences of Maharashtra. (They must possess a domicile certificate).|
|Type C||Applicants who do not fall in Type A or Type B but their mother or father is a Government of India or Administration of India Undertaking employee. Either of the parentages should be posted and reported to the duty in Maharashtra before the deadline of MHT CET application submission.|
|Type D||Applicants who do not fall in (Type A, B and C category), but either of their parents are staffs of or are retired as Government of Maharashtra or Government of Maharashtra Undertaking.|
|Type E||Candidates passing SSC and/or HSC Exam from a recognized institution located in a doubtful Maharashtra-Karnataka Border Area and whose mother tongue is Marathi.|
CET EXAM ELIGIBILITY CRITERIA
- Applicants who don’t have a home of Maharashtra and are looking for admission into the manufacturing colleges in Maharashtra fall under this group.
- The Applicants having Indian Population are qualified under this category.
- The Applicants fitting to a specific Language or Religious Minority Public from the State of Maharashtra and as informed by the Government are eligible under this category.
CET EXAM ELIGIBILITY CRITERIA
- The Applicants having a Home Certificate / Residential Certificate / Residence and Date of Birth Certificate issued from the capable authority other than Maharashtra state are qualified under this category.
- Jammu and Kashmir Refugee Candidates will be careful as OMS candidates.
MHT CET 2021 Eligibility Criteria for Direct Admission
- NRI/ OCI/ PIO offspring or the children of Indian workforces in the Gulf republics or Foreign National, if you have its place to these types of candidature then you are excused from appearance for MHT CET 2021.
- But it is obligatory to appear in MHT CET 2021 for charge in B.E./B. Tech for applicants going to Maharashtra State Application or Minority Candidature.
- All India Application contenders may or may not seem for MHT CET 2021 because JEE Main notches shall be favoured over MHT CET 2021 notches for admission to B.E./B.Tech.
- It is obligatory to seem for MHT CET 2021 for applicants belonging to Maharashtra State Candidature, Minority Application All India Application looking for fee to B. Pharm. / Pharm. D.
Conditions for Scribe Facility
- Contenders with more than 45% incapacity are suitable to get the facility of a scribe.
- Applicants who are not in a location to write like applicants who are Blind, or have low vision or people pretentious with Intellectual Palsy and Learning Incapacity can avail of a scribe.
- The copyist shall be agreed by the contender only.
- The contender has to specify inclination at the time of online suggestion of the request form for the scribe.
- The applicant has to fill the statement form for a scribe in the arrangement obtainable on the official website.
- Paste photos of the applicant and the scribe with names and submit this declaration form before journalism to the inspection hall on the inspection day to the “Venue Officer”.
- The applicants have to produce the incapacity certificate in unique along with Confess Card to the “Venue Officer” during the time of inspection.
- Contenders will be given 21 minutes extra.
Important Instructions for MHT CET 2021 Candidates
- The Question Paper will comprise Multiple Choice Questions (MCQs).
- Each query will have Four options (answers).
- Only one choice among the four will be precise.
- Physics, Chemistry, Biology subjects will have 1 mark for apiece question
- Mathematics subjects will have 2 marks for each question.
- The total period for the MHT CET is 180 Minutes.
- The applicant has to solve 150 questions.
- There is no Bad Marking.
- Interviewees are counselled not to spend too much time on any precise question.
- Questions will be obtainable in English/Urdu/Marathi tongues.
- Question Paper in Urdu & Marathi will only be obtainable to the contenders who have chosen for that particular language in the online CET Request form.
- In case of any dispute concerning the question, the Original English version will be careful as Final.
For further information: Education in India