About Indian Nursing council & Role of Indian Nursing Council
The Indian Nursing Council, shortened as INC is a national regulatory body for the nursing edification in India. This independent body comes under the administration of of the Ministry of Health and Family Welfare, Government of India (GOI).
INC was passed by Parliament under the Indian Nursing Council Act of 1947 to give it constitutional powers to regulate and preserve uniform standards of the nursing education all over the nation. From observing and establishing new standards to providing recognition to new options or universities (both domestic and foreign), the INC has a lot of functions and title role.
Purposes and Title role of Indian Nursing Council (INC)
- Knowing the qualification/s of the INC Act, 1947 under section 10(2)(4) for the determination of employment and registering in India, as well as abroad.
- Observing and establishing uniform morals of nursing education for auxiliary nurse midwives, health visitors, and nurse midwives by leading inspections of different institutions.
- Prescribing least education and training values in different nursing platforms along with guidelines and syllabus under section 19 of the INC Act, 1947.
- Indian Nursing Council grips the power of withdrawing the gratitude of an institution under Section 14 of the INC Act, 1947. This occurs if a State Council recognised institute fails to meet or preserve its standards as prescribed under Section 14(1)(b) of the INC Act.
- The council is accountable to provide recognition to a Degree/ Certificate/ Diploma awarded by Foreign Academies.
- Under Section 11(2)(a) of the INC Act, 1947, the council gives endorsement for registration of Foreign and Indian Nurses owning qualifications from a foreign country.
- For the registering of nursing personnel, it upholds the Indian Nurses Register.
- Advising diverse State Nursing Councils, State Governments, Central Governments and Examining Boards in dissimilar crucial items concerning nursing education in India.
- Endorsing research in nursing.
- Adaptable policies for nursing training platforms for the improvement of the quality of nursing schooling.
- Recommending professional conduct and code of ethics.
Categories of Nursing Programmes Accepted by Indian Nursing Council
|Auxiliary Nurse & Midwife (ANM)||2 Years||R.ANM (Registered Auxiliary Nurse & Midwife)||INR 30,000 – INR 1,75,000|
|General Nursing and Midwifery (GNM)||3.5 Years||RN (Registered Nurse) and RM (Registered Midwife)||INR 30,000 to INR 2.5 Lacs|
|B.Sc Nursing||4 Years||RN (Registered Nurse) and RM (Registered Midwife)||INR 20,000 – INR 2,50,000|
|Post Basic B.Sc Nursing||Regular: 2 Years Distance: 3 Years||Additional Qualification||INR 20,000 – INR 1.3 Lakhs|
|M.Sc Nursing||2 Years||Additional Qualification||1.30 Lakhs|
|M.Phil in Nursing||1 Year (Full time) 2 Years (part time)||Additional Qualification||Rs 10,000/- to Rs 4,00,000/-|
|PhD||3 – 5 Years||Additional Qualification||—|
best Nursing Colleges in India
|Mahatma Jyoti Rao Phoole University – (MJRP), Jaipur||INR 50,000 – INR 80,000 Per Annum|
|Siksha ‘O’ Anusandhan University – SOA, Bhubaneswar||INR 1.1 LPA|
|Graphic Era Hill University Bhimtal Campus, Bhimtal||INR 1 LPA|
|Amity University Manesar, Gurgaon||INR 65,000 – INR 68,000 LPA|
|Sri Sukhmani Group of Institutions – [SSGI] Mohali||INR 88,000 – INR 1.75 LPA|
|T. John Group of Institutions, Bangalore||INR 40,000 – INR 65,000 Per Annum|
|Bhai Gurdas Group Of Institutions (BGGI), Sangrur||INR 75,000 Per Annum|
|Mansarovar Global University (MGU), Sehore||INR 80,000 – INR 2 LPA|
|Kalinga Institute of Industrial Technology – KIIT, Bhubaneswar||INR 1 LPA – INR 1.5 LPA|
|Mahatma Jyoti Rao Phoole University – (MJRP), Jaipur||INR 50,000 Per Annum|
|Maharishi Markandeshwar (Deemed to be University) – [MMDU] Mullana, Ambala||INR 85,000 – INR 1.65 LPA|
|Dr. M.G.R. Educational And Research Institute (DRMGRERI), Chennai||INR 1.3 LPA|
Nursing Entrance Exam Eligibility Criteria
The suitability criteria for Nursing entry exams at UG/ PG/ Diploma/ PhD course is given below:
Bachelor’s Course: To get into a UG level nursing option, an candidate needs to have passed 10+2 with the subjects Physics, Chemistry and Biology. The period of the course would be from three to four years.
Master’s Course: For admittance into a PG level nursing course, the applicant must have a Bachelor’s degree in Nursing. A masters-level option is two-years long.
Diploma Course: To get into a Certificate course in Nursing, the candidate should have passed class 12th. Contingent upon the course, the option could last for a year or two.
PhD Course: To be capable to do a PhD in Nursing, the applicant shall have a Postgraduate degree in the same.
Nursing Entrance Exam Syllabus
B.Sc Nursing Honours:
|Chemistry||Biomolecules, Solid State, General Principles & Processes of Isolation of Elements, Solutions, Chemistry in Everyday Life, Chemical Kinetics, Polymers, P -Block Elements, Electrochemistry, Surface Chemistry, Organic Compounds containing Nitrogen, D & F -Block Elements, Phenol & Esther, Alcohols, Keystones and Carboxylic Acids, Coordination Compounds, etc.|
|Biology||The Role of Plants in Human Well-being, Classification Binomial and Nominal Nomenclature, The Variance between Prokaryotic & Eukaryota, Structural Organization of Cell, Cell Theory, Mendel’s Law of Inheritance, Mineral Nutrition Vital, Elements and their Purpose, Five Kingdom Classifications, etc.|
|Physics||Atoms and Nuclei, Magnetic Effect of Current & Magnetism, Communication Systems, Electronic Devices, Optics, Electromagnetic Waves, Dual Nature of Matter, Electrostatics, Current electricity, Alternating Current, Electromagnetic Induction, etc.|
|General Knowledge||Questions from Science, Geography, History, scientific research, current affairs, General policy, Culture, etc.|
B.Sc (Post-Basic) Nursing:
- Paediatric Nursing
- Medical-surgical Nursing includes Physiology, Anatomy, and Pharmacology
- Fundamentals of Nursing
- Psychiatric Nursing
- Professional Trends in Nursing
- Community Health Nursing
- Obstetrics Nursing and Midwifery
- Management of Nursing Services and Education
- Community and Health Nursing I and II
- Nursing Research and Statics
- Medical-Surgical Nursing I and II
- Midwifery and Obstetrical Nursing
- Child Health Nursing
- Pathology and Genetics
thats it in Role of Indian Nursing Council. also read Career in CYBER law.
To know more on Education in India.